JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not a soldier nor do I know much of anything about the military, However I have been on base probably 10 times as a civilian in the last year and no one has ever ask if I had or carried a knife (I always do)

I would not take this as permission, However it does not seem to be a issue when you are checking in and I have had no problems.

If you get a definitive answer please share. Its not that uncommon for me to visit to look at equipment or to pick up things.

I am not a soldier nor do I know much of anything about the military, However I have been on base probably 10 times as a civilian in the last year and no one has ever ask if I had or carried a knife (I always do)

I would not take this as permission, However it does not seem to be a issue when you are checking in and I have had no problems.

If you get a definitive answer please share. Its not that uncommon for me to visit to look at equipment or to pick up things.

In that case do NOT carry a weapon onto a mil base. Knife or firearm. There is no sense of humor there.

I have carried a knife on post from late 76. A big BUCK folder on my belt in a sheath for most of my career. Now I carry a small buck folder and a lock blade with a pocket clip. I have never been questioned by anyone other them someone asking what kind of knife I carry.

This is old rules so don't know if they still apply. Civilians - no weapons of any kind on a military base. Military personnel can own weapons, however all personnel weapons must be stored in your company's armory. Personnel knife's carried by military personnel may not have a blade length of more the 2 inch's.

That reg was 3.5" for blades when I was in. Being that I'm right-handed, I carried an inverted (sheathed) 4" Gerber double edged blade on my upper left LBE/LCE suspender strap opposite my field dressing pouch and carabiner on the upper right strap, and another one on the outward side of my right combat boot without so much as a double glance from anyone. HOLLYWOOD!!! o_O

All privately owned weapons being brought onto Joint Base Lewis-McChord property are required to be registered.
<broken link removed>

The Joint Base Lewis-McChord Police Desk is located at the Provost Marshal's Office in building 2007-c and may be contacted at 967-7112/7113. These lines are manned 24 hours-a-day and are recorded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top