Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Knife carry on JBLM

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bushman, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

Anyone know the knife regulations on base? I have not found anything online. I see people carrying them, but not sure if it's legal.

2. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Danial Boone Carried one... so did Sam Huston, and Jim Bowie... I don't see any problem...

Just Time Travel Back 150 years or so.

philip :confused:

Stomper likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just call the Provost Marshal's office.

blackadder and U201491 like this.
  4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Best bet for a correct answer.

5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I am not a soldier nor do I know much of anything about the military, However I have been on base probably 10 times as a civilian in the last year and no one has ever ask if I had or carried a knife (I always do)

I would not take this as permission, However it does not seem to be a issue when you are checking in and I have had no problems.

If you get a definitive answer please share. Its not that uncommon for me to visit to look at equipment or to pick up things.

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

In that case do NOT carry a weapon onto a mil base. Knife or firearm. There is no sense of humor there.

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I have carried a knife on post from late 76. A big BUCK folder on my belt in a sheath for most of my career. Now I carry a small buck folder and a lock blade with a pocket clip. I have never been questioned by anyone other them someone asking what kind of knife I carry.

8. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

This is old rules so don't know if they still apply. Civilians - no weapons of any kind on a military base. Military personnel can own weapons, however all personnel weapons must be stored in your company's armory. Personnel knife's carried by military personnel may not have a blade length of more the 2 inch's.

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That reg was 3.5" for blades when I was in. Being that I'm right-handed, I carried an inverted (sheathed) 4" Gerber double edged blade on my upper left LBE/LCE suspender strap opposite my field dressing pouch and carabiner on the upper right strap, and another one on the outward side of my right combat boot without so much as a double glance from anyone. HOLLYWOOD!!! o_O

10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member