JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this morning I received notification that I have a tear in my PCL and my meniscus. Not to pleased by this but ohh well. I go in to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and plan out my surgery. This is frustrating because I just had shoulder surgery on the 22nd of last month!

Has anyone here ever had their PCL or Meniscus surgically repaired? If so how long was your leg/knee immobilized? What was your time frame that you were in a wheelchair or on crutches?

Having 2 surgeries in 2 months is really eating into my firearm funds!

I haven't had knee surgery but I did have my shoulder worked on earlier this year. I have been on light duty work for almost 5 months now and they are finally letting me go back to normal work. YEAH!!!

That blows boomstick! Luckily I'm a computer nerd that can do his job in a shoulder sling! I've been out of the sling for a while though.

Congrats on getting back to work full strength!

This is my insides before and after shoulder work.

I had the meniscus cut out of my knee, It took about 3 days before I was completely off of crutches, They didn't fix my partially torn ACL, but I hear that it takes longer before you can walk on it.

I had total knee replacement done in Jan '07 and was walking with crutches the next day. was back at work light duty in three weeks and i was driving a manual transmission to get there. i was driving my pick up because it was easier to get in and out of then a car. coming up on the two year anniversary and i'm no longer thinking about what foot i'm leading with when i come to stairs. life is good.
good luck with your knee surgury and i hope all goes well. and oh ya HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!

Take Care
Roy

eww just took the outer wound dressings off...

pics for proof!

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

I had total knee replacement done in Jan '07 and was walking with crutches the next day. was back at work light duty in three weeks and i was driving a manual transmission to get there. i was driving my pick up because it was easier to get in and out of then a car. coming up on the two year anniversary and i'm no longer thinking about what foot i'm leading with when i come to stairs. life is good.
good luck with your knee surgury and i hope all goes well. and oh ya HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!

Take Care
Roy

I'm going back to work tomorrow... Not sure how well I'll do but I'm going to try. I've got a desk job so I won't be on it too much.

When people say they had a knee replacement what do they mean?

Weebs a total knee replacement is when bone and cartilage in a knee joint is replaced with steel and plastic.

Hope this will open. If not just copy and paste into your browser it will show some pictures of the procedure.

<broken link removed>

good luck with your recovery Weebs. aint physical therapy fun.
It will get better just do your exercises

take care
Roy

Not to be a pompous braggart but...

I CAN WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top