JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any reviews on this ammo/manufacturer?
I am interested in buying some.
Thanks.

I don't have any of it but I've been told by some SKS collector buddies that say it's good stuff. I only have 2 SKS's and have tens of thousands of rounds already or I'd consider getting some myself. This is about the best price for 7.62x39 at the moment. It's made at the Klimovsk Specialized Ammunition Plant in Russia. KSAP Klimovsk is a well established plant. This ammo was imported by Wolf.

OOOPs.

It said free shipping when I put in 2 cases, then charged me for shipping at check out.

Yeah this would be a great deal if the shipping was free but it's not. That's why I put $239.99+SH I don't remember seeing anything that said free shipping on the site. Where did you see that?

I put one case in my cart to see what shipping would be to me. Then decided to see the difference with 2 cases in the cart. When I updated cart, it said "Free" instead of a shipping price. Then I went to purchase the ammo, then shipping doubled at check out.
Oh Well.

I put one case in my cart to see what shipping would be to me. Then decided to see the difference with 2 cases in the cart. When I updated cart, it said "Free" instead of a shipping price. Then I went to purchase the ammo, then shipping doubled at check out.
Oh Well.

I added one to my cart before I listed this to check and it says "Calulate" by defualt until you input you zip and once I did it showed me the cost to ship it. Never saw "free" Maybe it doesn't like me. :(

I have a thousand rounds of this from last year... actually very good stuff... it's basically Russia's Lake City

this was the same price last year except there was a free shipping promo when I bought it..

IMHO better than wolf

IMHO better than wolf
Everyone has a "favorite" brand of inexpensive 7.62x39 ammo. Their opinions are usually formulated based on anecdotal evidence, either their own or someone else's.

Other favorite types of 7.62x39 that you'll hear about online:

Yugo M67 milsurp
Norinco milsurp
Wolf Military Classic Hollow Point (the Ulyanovsk version with the 8M3 bullet)
Generic "White Box" Russian Hollow Point (also Ulyanovsk 8M3)
Golden Tiger (Vympel)
Brown Bear (Barnaul)

I'm sure Klimovsk is on that list as well. What makes things a little confusing is that ammunition plants often make the same quality ammunition for different brands. For a time, Tulammo and certain types of Wolf were made in the same plant. Tulammo just launched a brass-cased ammunition line, some of which is rebranded Fiocchi. Herter's ammunition at Cabelas rebrands ammunition from Sellier & Bellot, Tulammo and others.

But chances are, on an AK platform rifle, everything will cycle and everything will group about 2"-3" at 100 yards. By design, AKs aren't very finicky about ammo, and the only way you can figure out if one is really better than another is to shoot them side-by-side on a bench rest. Even then, the results will probably be specific to you and your rifle.

I was researching VEPRs and 7.62x54r ammunition one evening, and I watched Military Arms Channel's review of the VEPR chambered in that caliber. In that review, they shot new commercial brass cased non-corrosive ammunition (70 cents/round) and grouped about 1.75" at 100 yards. Then I read some forum reviews about the accuracy of the VEPR, and found people were getting the same sized groups with 40 year old corrosive Russian spam can ammunition (20 cents/round).

Sorry for the long-winded rant on ammunition. I've just come to the conclusion that if you search online hard enough, you'll find someone saying something good or bad about any brand. And usually, in that same discussion page, you'll find another person with a contradictory experience.

Everyone has a "favorite" brand of inexpensive 7.62x39 ammo. Their opinions are usually formulated based on anecdotal evidence, either their own or someone else's.

Yugo M67 milsurp
Norinco milsurp
Golden Tiger (Vympel)
Brown Bear (Barnaul)

I'm sure Klimovsk is on that list as well. What makes things a little confusing is that ammunition plants often make the same quality ammunition for different brands. For a time, Tulammo and certain types of Wolf were made in the same plant. Tulammo just launched a brass-cased ammunition line, some of which is rebranded Fiocchi. Herter's ammunition at Cabelas rebrands ammunition from Sellier & Bellot, Tulammo and others.

But chances are, on an AK platform rifle, everything will cycle and everything will group about 2"-3" at 100 yards. By design, AKs aren't very finicky about ammo, and the only way you can figure out if one is really better than another is to shoot them side-by-side on a bench rest. Even then, the results will probably be specific to you and your rifle.

I was researching VEPRs and 7.62x54r ammunition one evening, and I watched Military Arms Channel's review of the VEPR chambered in that caliber. In that review, they shot new commercial brass cased non-corrosive ammunition (70 cents/round) and grouped about 1.75" at 100 yards. Then I read some forum reviews about the accuracy of the VEPR, and found people were getting the same sized groups with 40 year old corrosive Russian spam can ammunition (20 cents/round).

Sorry for the long-winded rant on ammunition. I've just come to the conclusion that if you search online hard enough, you'll find someone saying something good or bad about any brand. And usually, in that same discussion page, you'll find another person with a contradictory experience.

Very True. Most times there's so many variables, such as shooter's ability, condition of the weapon and outside conditions such as tempurature and wind you can have results all over the place. I shoot a lot of surplus in many different calibers and have fairly good results. You mentioned Wolf. Wolf dosn't make ammo. All of it is contract loaded by many makers including Barnaul, Tulammo, Vympel as well as others. This vendor told me he ordered Wolf Military Classic .223 and they sent him palets of Wolf Military Classic mixed with Wolf WPA Polyformace and told him it's all the same ammo when he questioned it so there you go. Sellier and Bellot, a Czech company, is owned by CBC - Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos, Sao Paulo, Brazil which also owns Magtech. Federal/ATK sells Independence Branded ammo that's made by IMI Israel Military Industries, a company set up with cooperation from Lapua. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in the ammunition business that people don't know.

Yugo M67 milsurp
Norinco milsurp
Golden Tiger (Vympel)
Brown Bear (Barnaul)

I am basing my comment on my own experience... I am shooting out of a SIG 556R and just find it to be better grouping wise... actually getting 1 moa or less on a good day which is surprising for steel cased ammo... part of that is the sig556R but the ammo has some role in it as well... but wolf cycles fine as well... ran a 48 round mag dump on the wolf and this brand with no issues... so it's not that much better and are probably all within the margin of user error...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top