JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In fairness there should be an equal thread for our THREE TIME Governor John Kitzhaber.

Kitzhaber has said he is a "big supporter of the Second Amendment" and owns a bolt-action .22 hunting rifle that belonged to his grandfather. That comes up a lot when he's speaking about gun rights.

Three terms (wow!), and I have to admit, we still are doing pretty good on gun rights compared to some other States. Is that because of him or despite of?

Has he been trying to curtail the 2nd Amendment or the gun rights in the Oregon Constitution or is he neutral?

Has he ever graduated beyond owning the bolt action .22 rifle or is he really a "big supporter of the Second Amendment"?

That takes all the fun out of it Taku! I'll bet despite that rating, we have a few supporters on this forum who would poo poo OFF's objections to Kitzhaber. I'd like to hear that side of things.

I meant it when I said we are still doing pretty good on gun rights in this State! What evidence have we that a FOURTH (geeze!) term for Kitzhaber would change that?

Writing letters, rallies, hearings and calling our Reps seems to be working so far against the anti-gun movement, right? All we gotta do is step that up a notch or two. Just costs us our time. What have we got to lose?

Remember, Kitzhaber does own a .22 bolt action rifle. And he's a big supporter of the 2ndA:s0092:

How can you believe anything he says. Look back on his history and the fact that he said that the citizens of Oregon are ungovernable, yet he says he is doing a good job at doing just that.

I'm not Kitshaber fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that's not what he actually said.

He said the state was ungovernable (not the citizens) and it was in the context of the gridlock between the legislative body and himself, and things that HE WANTED not getting forwarded... like tax increases.

Thanks Stomper, we want to get our facts straight!

Another fact:
He also wears blue jeans and cowboy boots, just like John Wayne. And did I already say he owns a bolt action .22?
Seems to be a man of the people to me.

Last Edited:
"New
Thanks Stomper, we want to get our facts straight!

Another fact:
He also wears blue jeans and cowboy boots, just like John Wayne. And did already I say he owns a bolt action .22?
Seems to be a man of the people to me.'

not not, not.

Do you want to keep your AR? Your AK? 30-round magazines? Kitzhaber doesn't think you need them (from 2013):

SALEM -- Gov. John Kitzhaber says he won't lead the charge on tougher gun control laws in Oregon, but he expects the Legislature to take up the issue and will support what he considers to be reasonable changes.

In an interview with The Oregonian about the upcoming session, Kitzhaber confided that he's a "big supporter of the Second Amendment" and owns a bolt-action .22 hunting rifle that belonged to his grandfather.

Nonetheless, he said, he has no objections to laws aimed at restricting the kinds of weapons and ammunition used in the shootings at the Clackamas Town Center mall and the Connecticut elementary school.

"I don't know why anyone would need an assault rifle in this day and age," Kitzhaber said. "I don't know why anyone would resist a ban on guns in schools."

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...er_oregon_gun_laws_get_go.html#incart_m-rpt-2

He states that he won't take up the charge, but wouldn't stop those restrictions. That's not pro 2A in my book. I don't care if he owns one old gun or not. Having a hand-me-down .22 in your possession hardly makes you pro 2A. It may make him nothing more than sentimental for an old collectible from his grandfather. I happen to know several folks that have guns in the house because they inherited them, but they 'hate' them and would never think to fire, appreciate or collect them. They keep them for sentimental value only.

In 2012, Kitzhaber barely signed the legislation to keep CHL holder's information private. The law passed by default due to the time it took before he signed it. I guess you could say it's a benefit he didn't veto it, but he hardly pushed for or supported it. Signing it after it already passed into law doesn't prove to me that he's a pro 2A guy. If he wants to get some 2A support, he could start by calling Burdick out as the anti-gun psycho she is.

I've got other reasons not to vote for him, such as being completely asleep at the wheel during the whole Cover Oregon debacle that cost the state more than $250M, all the while pointing the finger at everyone but himself. At the risk of violating this site's political discussion restrictions, I'll leave it at that.

Special K loves guns in the hands of a Militarized Police, His Militarized Police
On the Progressive BB's they talk about him as if he were a God.

He dreams of being a career politician. He is NOT pro 2nd Amendment. He would ride any gun bill that he thought could be implemented, and he knows they can also derail him is the only reason he does not push anti gun bills himself (coward in that respect), but he prefers others do the pushing and he rides their coattails.

He fits better in NW Portland than in central Oregon.
With a name more like "Katz"hauber.
That is my opinion and I will draw (bang) to it.

Good point, not to mention the fact that he spends more time in Portland than he does Salem. In fact, Gov. Kitzhaber commutes round trip each day from Portland to Salem, instead of residing in the Gov's mansion provided to him at tax payer expense.

Thats a lot of fuel he's burning up commuting, and that doesn't count his security detail that no doubt follows him EVERYWHERE. Reminds me of Al Gore jet setting EVERYWHERE, burning up all that fuel and expelling "carbon" into the upper atmosphere... Just to move one fat bohunkus around, instead of a more efficient commercial flight with a full cabin.

That's what I love about "green" politicians. They're all for it being imposed on us "little people", but not themselve because they're above it all.

In fairness there should be an equal thread for our THREE TIME Governor John Kitzhaber.

Kitzhaber has said he is a "big supporter of the Second Amendment" and owns a bolt-action .22 hunting rifle that belonged to his grandfather. That comes up a lot when he's speaking about gun rights.

Three terms (wow!), and I have to admit, we still are doing pretty good on gun rights compared to some other States. Is that because of him or despite of?

Has he been trying to curtail the 2nd Amendment or the gun rights in the Oregon Constitution or is he neutral?

Has he ever graduated beyond owning the bolt action .22 rifle or is he really a "big supporter of the Second Amendment"?
Betsy Johnson is the sole reason we are not NY or CA.

Special K loves guns in the hands of a Militarized Police, His Militarized Police
On the Progressive BB's they talk about him as if he were a God.
A lot of anti-gun people own guns and don't mind owning guns themselves, they just don't want other people to own guns. Those in power often feel that way too.

"Those are our planes now" - Ron Silver

I am tired of Kitzhaber - its time for him to go. I believe after the Cover Oregon fiasco he has outlived his usefulness, he sure isn't accountable and is not holding anyone else accountable either. My concern is what will replace him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top