JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got this email from the Governor:

John A. Kitzhaber, M.D.
Dear Matthew:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for HB 4045. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

You may be pleased to know that today I signed HB 4045 into law. As I continue to work on the challenges facing Oregon, I will keep your comments in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpageto sign up for the most up-to-date information from my office or follow me at Facebook.

Sincerely,

John A. Kitzhaber, M.D.
Governor

Honestly, I am surprised that he signed it; but happy he did.

here is a site that i found that are the typical D.Bags against guns, in the last sentence, "The real reason the gun extremists want this bill passed is to prevent the media from finding out (and telling the public) how many concealed handgun license holders commit serious crimes." lol, that is the stupidist thing I have ever read. Good for the Gov. Looking at the ones in the house who voted against it......All Dems. that are in Portland or in the Portland Metro, time to vote these people out. Look them up to see if they reprsent your district.

HB 4045
<broken link removed>
Ceasefire Oregon Opposes
This bill authorizes people applying for concealed handgun licenses (CHLs) to limit the ability of a public body to disclose records or information that identifies the person as an applicant for, or holder of, a CHL. In other words, the bill would permit people who have concealed handgun licenses to keep that information secret. Also, the bill would prevent victims of crime and abuse from finding out whether their assailants have concealed handgun licenses. The real reason the gun extremists want this bill passed is to prevent the media from finding out (and telling the public) how many concealed handgun license holders commit serious crimes.

here is a site that i found that are the typical D.Bags against guns, in the last sentence, "The real reason the gun extremists want this bill passed is to prevent the media from finding out (and telling the public) how many concealed handgun license holders commit serious crimes." lol, that is the stupidist thing I have ever read. Good for the Gov. Looking at the ones in the house who voted against it......All Dems. that are in Portland or in the Portland Metro, time to vote these people out. Look them up to see if they reprsent your district.

HB 4045
<broken link removed>
Ceasefire Oregon Opposes
This bill authorizes people applying for concealed handgun licenses (CHLs) to limit the ability of a public body to disclose records or information that identifies the person as an applicant for, or holder of, a CHL. In other words, the bill would permit people who have concealed handgun licenses to keep that information secret. Also, the bill would prevent victims of crime and abuse from finding out whether their assailants have concealed handgun licenses. The real reason the gun extremists want this bill passed is to prevent the media from finding out (and telling the public) how many concealed handgun license holders commit serious crimes.

Yep, and I love that they call us "gun extremists". What a bunch of misguided morons. As if CHL holders can even get a license after committing serious crimes.

Holy crap dude! Anyone else browse through the CeasefireOregon website? These people are bubbleguming nutts! I blame the drugs and dread's.....

By that definition a politician who says "we should examine whether it is a good idea to carry concealed weapons in sterile areas of airports" would also be anti-CCW.
Truth is there are a lot of people who are not comfortable with guns being around their children. As parents they have a right to be concerned. Whether it is a good policy is up to a debate, thus his opinion is not written in the ultimatum form.

I carried concealed the entire time I attended Portland State.

During those years I unfortunately never shot anybody! How does Kitzhaber and Ceasefire Oregon explain that? By their mentality I should have shot somebody, because I carried a gun!

During those years I unfortunately never shot anybody! How does Kitzhaber and Ceasefire Oregon explain that? By their mentality I should have shot somebody, because I carried a gun!

Don't you worry, there will always be somebody who will spoil our clean record :)

How did you control your homicidal rage? You "gun extremist"!:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top