JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Efforts to ban large caliber rifles and practical shooting at the range continue. Despite a favorable ruling by the Washington State Court of Appeals, a 2nd injunction alleging that the range is a public nuisance due to noise issues and public safety, continues to be in force, banning any rifles over 30 caliber from being shot, as well as banning practical shooting events.

Not only are local governments going after our gun stores, but our gun ranges too!

Some restrictions lifted on Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club shooting

..."Club attendance has declined precipitously to less than 10 percent of what it has been in the past because of the … prohibitions on all 'weaponry greater than .30 caliber' and all 'practical shooting,'" Carter said in his written statement. "Many people who would ordinarily visit the club have concluded that it is too risky to use any firearm or participate in any practice at the club while these activity prohibitions are in effect."

And the range has those YUGE baffles above the shooting areas. They have to be 12"x48" beams. And the RO's go ballistic if you double-tap. The legal troubles have forced the staff to be exceedingly nervous about everything.

I'm not sure why they built that range in the middle of a nice neighborhood. Oh yeah, they were FIRST!!!!!

I'm not sure why they built that range in the middle of a nice neighborhood. Oh yeah, they were FIRST!!!!!

Does the club own the land they are on? If so, they could sell to a developer and get enough money to hopefully move elsewhere.

Although it sure does seem unfair that ranges get treated like this, when indeed, they were there first.

My boat back in the early 90's used that range to qualify on. I got my marksmanship ribbon there with my model 28. The captain of our boat 727 blue said we could use our personal sidearm since it was off base. Hope the range holds on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top