Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kitsap County range threatened by property transfer

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by JumpWing, Mar 14, 2009.

1. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Howdy, folks. I'm a member of KRRC (Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club) and they recently sent out a letter that outlines the impending transfer of the range property ownership from Washington DNR (Dept Natural Resources) to Kitsap County Parks. Some groups appear to be already organizing in an effort to squeeze out the range and turn the land over for their own preferred recreations.

Kitsap County is willing to pay lip service with a vague verbal agreement that would allow KRRC to keep the land to the end of the current lease. I think we're all familiar with the government's track record for keeping its word; and this is more than enough reason to ask for these provisions in writing.

For those of you who live in the area--even if you don't visit the range--this is an opportunity to DO SOMETHING rather than simply complain online about eroding rights. Please show up if you can!

2. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

This is the proposal being put before the board... (part 1)

3. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

and part 2...

4. Contento

Contento Seattle Member

I'll be interested to see where this goes. I've never been, but I wish you the best of luck.