JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday, an eyewitness noticed a suspicious man walking throw the hospital with a rifle in his backpack.
Here's a picture of the dastardly villain....

mistaken id_1516213624760.jpg_10502238_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Luckily, the man saw his picture on social media and knew the authorities were hot on his tail: The jig was up, so he turned himself in. The day was saved :s0115::s0133::s0139: ..........................

From a sword shaped umbrella that was reported as a rifle :rolleyes:

umbrella.PNG

Seattle area hospital locked down after man thought to be seen with gun
Kirkland Police on Twitter

Thank God for such vigilant and observant citizens........................

Ray

So the OP's point is don't report any suspicious activity until you're absolutely sure there's a reason for concern?

Thanks, but no. In today's world I'd prefer we all be vigilant and willing to be embarrassed so as to prevent potential Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine, Pulse, etc. type events. But that's just me.

So the OP's point is don't report any suspicious activity until you're absolutely sure there's a reason for concern?

Thanks, but no. In today's world I'd prefer we all be vigilant and willing to be embarrassed so as to prevent potential Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine, Pulse, etc. type events. But that's just me.

Um, no. The point was a little humor, because rifles and swords shaped umbrellas are so similar.......... :rolleyes:

Ray

Sure. Reporting something suspicious is always the right thing to do.
The sorry azz response is what I find comical. And a bit insane.

''Lets panic and lock this joint down!''
This is not the best responce, and only serves to have people trapped in a nice kill box when the active shooter gets to them.

Look............ You know the only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun. Is a good guy with a gun.
So why not just jump past the nonsense. And crazy victim mentality. And have people on site with guns!

I know.... I know........ It just doesn't feel right having guns in a school. Or a Hospital.
But tell me. Dose it feel worse than burying your kid? Or wife and newborn child? o_O

Last Edited:
Why is it so important for some to be constantly on the lookout, for something to be the victim of? o_O....Would it not be easier to ''Keep calm and carry''. ;)

Hospital, PNW.

I recently brought in some coffee beans as a gift for an assistant. Dry vacuum packed in qt ball jars. Didn't want to bring them in a shopping bag, as was concerned they might break in my truck.

Had an empty cardboard box which a case of 9mm shipped in handy, qt jars fit perfect! Knowing "some" folks out here, I deliberately folded the top of the box inside, so one could obviously see that the box contained 2 qt glass canning jars & brought them in.

...wasn't good enough.

One of there supervisors came up to me and asked if I wouldn't mind taking the ammunition "away", and that I understood other folks "concerns". Well I replied that she could obviously is see that it's just a cardboard box, and no I do not understand the "concerns". WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Recommended that she could sharpie an "X" over the ammunition markings...she actually thought that to be a "reasonable solution".

Before she actually did, I asked the assistant whom I brought them in for if he wouldn't mind putting the box in his locker, or take it out to his car (told him the goofy reason as to why). He got a chuckle! Had just done his last Nat Guard weekend and out.

Told some of my peers, many are firearms enthusiasts, some carry. All of whom got a chuckle, even the few whom are not enthusiasts.

Sad.

Sure. Reporting something suspicious is always the right thing to do.
The sorry azz response is what I find comical. And a bit insane.

''Lets panic and lock this joint down!''
This is not the best responce, and only serves to have people trapped in a nice kill box when the active shooter gets to them.

Look............ You know the only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun. Is a good guy with a gun.
So why not just jump past the nonsense. And crazy victim mentality. And have people on site with guns!

I know.... I know........ It just doesn't feel right having guns in a school. Or a Hospital.
But tell me. Dose it feel worse than burying your kid? Of wife and newborn child? o_O

:s0101:

Hospital, PNW.

I recently brought in some coffee beans as a gift for an assistant. Dry vacuum packed in qt ball jars. Didn't want to bring them in a shopping bag, as was concerned they might break in my truck.

Had an empty cardboard box which a case of 9mm shipped in handy, qt jars fit perfect!

Gotta protect the hospital from those fully automatic assault boxes!

If the hospitals in Portland only knew how many times I was armed in their gun free zones. Hey, if you are not going to arm your security with anything other than a tactical vest and a radio, you should not expect them to do anything other than get shot first.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top