JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was reported this morning on the news. The SH incident is too far gone, and the Boston bombers didn't have big bad guns, so suddenly grant this guy an appeal that has been denied since 2008?

Really? Tell me this is not a blatant excuse to bring the school shootings and gun ban issue back to the forefront.

The news said his appeal is based on the SCOTUS ruling about mandatory sentencing. This is another perfect example of what the hell is wrong in this country.

I can not, for the life of me, find a link. It was on KATU while I was cooking breakfast this morning.

I doubt that this is related in any way, I think it's just the court system working it's way....slowly but surely.

If it was going to be done for "dramatic effect" it would have come out right after the shooting in Sandy Hook, at least in my opinion.

I did a psych anal on Kip Kinkel during my psych undergrad (limited, as I could not interview him directly). Listening to the recordings of him immediately after they caught him was heart breaking. He just kept screaming he wanted to die and to shoot him for about 48 hours before they calmed him down. He was not anywhere close to being in his right mind.

Part of his appeals now is tied to the possible impact the meds he had been on had on him, and the failure of anyone involved in his case to recognize it at the time. I've several times posted on this site about how dangerous common antidepressants and psychoactive drugs can be to some people and the need for improved follow-up care. I'm not trying to stand up for what the kid did, there's no excuse. There is a reason though and we can learn about the reasons from him and try to reduce the chances of it happening again. I hope he keeps fighting this not because I have any interest in his position being improved, but because I hope it increases awareness of a major concern with these drugs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top