JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe a stupid question.

What is an effective means for residents of King County do to voice our opposition to this? Me sending my own letter won't help. How can we send something with some more weight behind it? As far as I understand this is already the defacto policy and the results of such policies are manifesting everywhere. Regular law abiding citizens are on the bottom of their lists of priorities and I swear we outnumber the drug dealing gun toting felons...

Don't say "Riot!!!" that only works if they agree with your point of view.

Maybe a stupid question.

What is an effective means for residents of King County do to voice our opposition to this? Me sending my own letter won't help. How can we send something with some more weight behind it? As far as I understand this is already the defacto policy and the results of such policies are manifesting everywhere. Regular law abiding citizens are on the bottom of their lists of priorities and I swear we outnumber the drug dealing gun toting felons...

Don't say "Riot!!!" that only works if they agree with your point of view.
Maybe reach out to the SAF and see if they have anything they are doing?...just my first thought as they too are in King Co.

It's not, already? I left Kent many years ago. Once in a while, I still visit friends up there, and it just seems incredibly worse, like around Renton. Reminds me of Los Angeles, now.

As far as the letter goes, I'm not sure I really have a huge problem with that, if it's enforced ( or not enforced, as it were) equally for everyone. Could lead to nullification of a lot of silly firearm laws, eh? My argument against drug laws is a lot like my argument against gun laws. It's already illegal to murder, to steal, to damage property or people. Why do we need more laws to punish otherwise law abiding people because some people do crimes with particular tools, or after ingesting particular substances? The crimes done are already illegal.
I'm not promoting drug use as a good thing, mind, just saying that it's more of a social problem than anything the state should be involved in. You roll your dice, you move your mice, and there's no crying in baseball. Further, by making drugs legal, you take the profit out of it, and remove a lot of the violence and theft involved in it.

I think you forgot about the BIPOC part. If you are not part of their group, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

RE: Post #21 link

The first sentence in that letter started with......
Our community demands that we reckon with and dismantle institutional racism – whether it be murders of BIPOC by law enforcement, the traumatizing violence and daily humiliation perpetrated by police against BIPOC, or harms perpetrated against BIPOC by other institutional entities within the criminal punishment system.

Humm? Just to start.....
1) Isn't Justice suppose to blind?
2) I apologize for not being on FB, Twitter, TicTok, or whatever. But you could have explained that....

BIPOC. The acronym stands for "black, Indigenous and people of color."

3) Does that mean that a person of another race (say a White Person) would NOT be considered under this criteria?

Hummmm.......BLM....not ALL LIVES MATTER.

4) Community demands. Really? Isn't the King County Prosecutor suppose to represent (work for) all of the community (not only the supposedly voting base)? Is THE LAW suppose to be enforced or not....based on community sentiments? Trials are unnecessary?
5) And who drew the conclusion of "institutional racism" in the Police Force? I, for one, don't agree with that premise (and I'm not White).

Aloha, Mark

PS....YES, there might be a few individuals in the Police Dept that might be the problem. But I don't judge an entire Police Dept based on the actions of a few. Just like I don't judge an entire race of people by the actions of a few.
hypocrisy.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews