JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for the heads up.

Most of my guns do not have a "safety" other than keeping my finger off the trigger and muzzle discipline...
I have a hunch that the " Gun Safety Action Plan" has nothing to do with the above...sigh
Andy

Like the requirements for the 1639 "Firearm Safety Training Program" certificate. If it was truly about firearms safety, it would be structured and mandatory for all firearms, as every firearm is the same...one press of the trigger, one bullet goes out the barrel.

This meeting obviously isn't 'attendance friendly'...9am, midweek, White Center...its almost like they don't want the 'wrong' folks (us) to participate...:rolleyes:

That being said, it's not like they're hiding their plans...kingcountycantwait.org has been around for awhile...and shared far and wide numerous times...

King Co. is the tail wagging the dog...where it goes, the rest of the state will follow, so this is a statewide issue...

Tough choices might be coming soon to King Co, and the rest of the state not much after...

Participate in the process/make your voice heard (VOTE!!!), share (beyond this subforum), educate, contribute...

Boss

ALERT!!

The County Board of Health is having sessions Tuesday and Wednesday evening in White Center. Sorry for the Short notice.

Welcome (back?) Dave. Haven't heard much from you in a while. Hope all is well up your way. Thanks for continuing to post and keeping us abreast of what it going on up there.

:s0155:

This meeting obviously isn't 'attendance friendly'...9am, midweek, White Center...its almost like they don't want the 'wrong' folks (us) to participate...:rolleyes:

Participate in the process/make your voice heard (VOTE!!!), share (beyond this subforum), educate, contribute...

Boss

Boss: You didn't read the article? Or Mis-read it? The meetings begin at 6 p.m. The address is part of the report.

Boss: You didn't read the article? Or Mis-read it? The meetings begin at 6 p.m. The address is part of the report.

Weird, I *thought* I had seen 9am listed somewhere... my mistake, apologies.

This 'summit' is largely a facade for appearance's sake, but hopefully some some folks can attend and represent our side.

Boss

Well, I for one, will be writing them and sending them some 2018 information (from the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs they seem to heavily rely on) that seemingly dispels their outdated 2013~2015 information. Will it make a difference? Who knows. While I sincerely doubt it, I at least made an effort to provide more up-to-date information to enlighten the organization in the hope they might be able to make some better informed decisions.

In all honesty, when I read their statistical data was primarily compiled from 2013~2015 data sets, I was quite taken back. Given I posses more recent data (they have access to it as well) than what they're presumably basing their reports on, I'm left to wonder why these tax payer funded individuals are still on the board. Given their "report" is based on outdated data, I would surmise there is a hidden agenda being pushed from somewhere. That's something I'd certainly like to ask the board in a public meeting and hear what the response is. I'd equate their current data to asking why there were so many gun deaths from 1861 through 1865. (Civil War)

It's interesting in the facts of the following:​
RCW 70.05.060
Powers and duties of local board of health.
Each local board of health shall have supervision over all matters pertaining to the preservation of the life and health of the people within its jurisdiction and shall:​
(1) Enforce through the local health officer or the administrative officer appointed under RCW 70.05.040, if any, the public health statutes of the state and rules promulgated by the state board of health and the secretary of health;​
(2) Supervise the maintenance of all health and sanitary measures for the protection of the public health within its jurisdiction;​
(3) Enact such local rules and regulations as are necessary in order to preserve, promote and improve the public health and provide for the enforcement thereof;​
(4) Provide for the control and prevention of any dangerous, contagious or infectious disease within the jurisdiction of the local health department;​
(5) Provide for the prevention, control and abatement of nuisances detrimental to the public health;​
(6) Make such reports to the state board of health through the local health officer or the administrative officer as the state board of health may require; and​
(7) Establish fee schedules for issuing or renewing licenses or permits or for such other services as are authorized by the law and the rules of the state board of health: PROVIDED, That such fees for services shall not exceed the actual cost of providing any such services.​

Why pray tell, is this very board is not aghast and holding public meetings wherein the city of Seattle has established locations for drug users to 'safely' inject and use illegal drugs (excerpt) "for the protection of the public health within its jurisdiction"? Duh, oh that's right, it's queen county!

Never-the-less, I'm attaching a 2017 pdf file
Web Site refuses to allow my *.pdf upload So here's the link
I'm just hoping someone in this so named public health department is or might be capable of reaching a common sense conclusion that their supplied data sets are invalid and useless.

In spite of no 2017 *.pdf upload, here's a link for the 2018 info from the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs.
A word of ***Caution*** Read/view the data. It's intensive & there's 594 pages of it. IMHO, it pretty much dispels the rhetoric by this so named Board of Health relative to their 'gun control' ideology.
{NOTE} I have/use Adobe Acrobat and it's much easier to sort/view the data in the report. YMMV for whatever program you use.

I'm urging everyone to send a message to this so named board and start asking some questions.. or at least provide them with some more relevant data. Just my .02 worth.

Dan

Attachments

• 1563337591487.png
    1563337591487.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 171
Even though King CO is a lot like the state of CA, there are a LOT of gun owners there. The problem at every election is so many either sit home, saying my vote will not matter, or they throw the vote away. If we could get like 90% of the gun owners in that county to vote as a block? It would scare hell out of the elected people there. Sadly this is all but impossible it seems.

It made the news. Hopefully some King Co./Seattle folks can make it tonight and represent.

Update. This is a continued agenda of defamation and exclusion of the very people who would be most impacted. Not wanting to hear from the impacted side belies their intentions.

Maybe skip a latte or three and kick in a few bucks and get involved.

Share.

Boss

Last Edited:
I wrote them a letter outlining deficiencies of their agenda in the hope it might be addressed for the 2nd meeting. (quit laughing..) Here's the response..
Mr. Deckert,
Thank you for your email. I will provide your email and the attachments to the Board tomorrow.
Best,
Anne

That being said, I also sent them the statistical info from the links I provided above. I hope the info got to someone with some common sense.

Dan

I wrote them a letter outlining deficiencies of their agenda in the hope it might be addressed for the 2nd meeting. (quit laughing..) Here's the response..

That being said, I also sent them the statistical info from the links I provided above. I hope the info got to someone with some common sense.

Dan

Thanks for the effort.

This is one of the best short videos (2 1/2 min) by their beloved MSM you might pass along:

Boss

Of course, below is more in line with the model they want to follow...in their eye this might be a little too lenient, but it would be a step in the right direction...just common sense, right??

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews