JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
(read paragraph #2)

King County Sheriff asks deputies to carry off duty; CPL apps spike

King County Sheriff John Urquhart made headlines Tuesday afternoon when he sent a note to his deputies, requesting that they carry their sidearms, with spare magazines, while off duty, as reported first by KING5 News, as a precaution against possible home grown terrorist actions.

<broken link removed>

this is a good thing. the fact that this is makin the news potentially raises awareness to criminals that there will be armed people with guns. i hope washington sees a decrease in crime because of this.

iirc seattle/tacoma is king county?? i live in oregon and do travel to shoreline often for GM certifications. i do not have a washington chl but (have heard its pretty easy to get) i do have an oregon one.sucks there isnt reciprocity there. literally, when i cross the river i unload my gun and put it in the back seat.

unless i get out of the car, then it comes with me.;)

If deputies are encouraged...

There must be a reason. Shouldn't the civilians do it too?

Exactly.

this is a good thing. the fact that this is makin the news potentially raises awareness to criminals that there will be armed people with guns. i hope washington sees a decrease in crime because of this.

iirc seattle/tacoma is king county?? i live in oregon and do travel to shoreline often for GM certifications. i do not have a washington chl but (have heard its pretty easy to get) i do have an oregon one.sucks there isnt reciprocity there. literally, when i cross the river i unload my gun and put it in the back seat.

I have family in Washington, so I got my WA CPL a few years ago. Easy to do, you just have to endure the waiting period (45 days, as I recall). Plus, it's good for 5 years vs 4 years with the Oregon CHL's. And, the bonus is that you do pick up some reciprocity with a WA CPL that you don't get with an Oregon CHL. Even for a non-resident CPL holder, the following states recognize the WA CPL:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Just do the Utah thing brah,then you have around 30+ states,WA included
And OR doesn't recognize WA so WA doesn't recognize OR
Kids these days,just can't get along

I have family in Washington, so I got my WA CPL a few years ago. Easy to do, you just have to endure the waiting period (45 days, as I recall). Plus, it's good for 5 years vs 4 years with the Oregon CHL's. And, the bonus is that you do pick up some reciprocity with a WA CPL that you don't get with an Oregon CHL. Even for a non-resident CPL holder, the following states recognize the WA CPL:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Awesome!!!!:cool:

I am GTG all the way to Sturgis and back.

Brutus Out

If deputies are encouraged...

There must be a reason. Shouldn't the civilians do it too?

Exactly.

I think there should be a ticker like the stocks on the news or Powerball by state where they list the number of CPLs/CHLs as it increases. That might help lower the crime rate if some of the dirtbags see that, shoot fire, grandma may just be packin'.

Brutus Out

KXL interviewed Mike Reese (EX chief of po po in Portland) and he reinforced my negative opinion of him. Which is sad, when he took office I thought Portland finally had a chief with brains and balls. His last couple years in office though he was weaksauce. Anywho - they asked him his opinion of King Co Sheriff's announcement - Reese towed the anti-gun line that there was no reason to carry off duty and there was no good to come of it. Because you know, as soon as the blue suit comes off the cop looses his authority, his intelligence, his gun handling ability...oh wait, none of that happens. Reese even raised his shirt for the reporter to show that he was unarmed. Glad he's out of power. Maybe one day, perhaps far in the future, Portland's top cop will actually have smarts and balls and won't be anti gun. Glad I don't live in Portland, though sadly I have to be there for work way too much for my liking.

KXL interviewed Mike Reese (EX chief of po po in Portland) and he reinforced my negative opinion of him. Which is sad, when he took office I thought Portland finally had a chief with brains and balls. His last couple years in office though he was weaksauce. Anywho - they asked him his opinion of King Co Sheriff's announcement - Reese towed the anti-gun line that there was no reason to carry off duty and there was no good to come of it. Because you know, as soon as the blue suit comes off the cop looses his authority, his intelligence, his gun handling ability...oh wait, none of that happens. Reese even raised his shirt for the reporter to show that he was unarmed. Glad he's out of power. Maybe one day, perhaps far in the future, Portland's top cop will actually have smarts and balls and won't be anti gun. Glad I don't live in Portland, though sadly I have to be there for work way too much for my liking.

Portland has had some doozies. My personal favorite was Charles Moose. It seems all of them only get that position if they kiss the a$$ of the mayor and the city council, which means you have to be ideologically aligned to them - and we know in Portland, what that means.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top