JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some things look better, but as far as style, it's about a push.
Phone wise, it sucks. 3-4 more steps to do the same thing.
Kinda 'meh' on the PC web interface, but that's because there's nothing earth shattering compared to the last iteration.
Unless something is a significant improvement, change is a waste of effort.
At least it didn't reset all my settings to default, like Microsoft does with each iteration of Office.
All-in-all, it won't inhibit me from participating in the great circle-jerk.
This too shall pass.

Unfortunately Joe didn't have a choice as the old site didn't have an upgrade path and was no longer able to be supported. So far I like it better.

I'm sure as time goes on the bugs will get worked out. I suggest if anyone has a complaint to post it in the feedback thread so Joe can work his magic.

Other options would be to go the way of the opposition and start protesting on the streets of Portland :s0140:

I'm sure as time goes on the bugs will get worked out. I suggest if anyone has a complaint to post it in the feedback thread so Joe can work his magic.

Other options would be to go the way of the opposition and start protesting on the streets of Portland :s0140:
The only thing I would do on the streets of portland is let my horse take a dump. I guess that would be a form of protest.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!
Tired of having to figure newfangled stuff out...

Unless something is a significant improvement, change is a waste of effort.
At least it didn't reset all my settings to default, like Microsoft does with each iteration of Office.

Take this for what it is, straight out of my butt as I have no inside info at all, but.......

There is a lot to consider when running a site like this that has no obvious user effect, but has huge implications on back-end security and manageability. My guess is this upgrade was done for the specific case of keeping this site secure and stable so we all can continue to use a site we love with good performance, good background security, and probably to ensure future comparability and upgrade-ability with modern browsers. Letting a site like this continue to run on old software can cause huge issues down the road because you will get to a point where you can't upgrade from the version you are on to the new one. You then fall out of support and eventually the site becomes insecure and open to hackers. You have to keep software (any critical software) current or you run the risk of being left behind in the upgrade path.

I can guarantee you that the work/time/expense Joe put into this migration is WAY more than than any of us realize, and I am actually impressed with how well it went. I have done and seen migrations of this type (some from much larger and better funded operations) go very poorly, and honestly the end result here seems to have had very few issues.

Once Joe recovers and gets out of bed I am sure he will start to address some of the little things that are showing up. Give him (and yourself) some time and patience and this will feel just like home again.

I for one applaud his work on this and appreciate how hard it was to pull off. Thanks.

That all being said, the option to disable the preview when hovering over a thread does not seem to work. Joe, If you could get on that I would appreciate it.:p

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews