JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, if Rudy ever gets his head back out where the sun shines and trims up your holster for you could you send me the scraps? I need to craft a leather rifle case and there should be just enough excess material on that ugly sucker to do the job.

Hey, if Rudy ever gets his head back out where the sun shines and trims up your holster for you could you send me the scraps? I need to craft a leather rifle case and there should be just enough excess material on that ugly sucker to do the job.

I think if I took it apart I could make three holsters for my GP100!

I pretty sure I found the holster I am going to order, it is from rocky river holsters. Look at how good he molds the holster to the gun, you can tell this holster is molded to a gp100, the outside of the holster looks exactly like a gp100!

http://rockyriverleather.com/content/index.php

357.jpg

if this is a word for word response from BHL I will make it a personal mission to make sure every person that I ever have a firearms discussion with knows exactly what this company is about. I am in awe that this guy would put this out there in save able, link able text. To begin with an apology then descend into a 2nd grade school level written litany of excuses and complaints about your (THE CUSTOMER, THE WRONGED CUSTOMER) handling of their problem is beyond absurd. Is this a cut and copy of the response by "Rudy"? please confirm if it is.
This is the response I go from Rudy, the owner of black hills leather.

Hello Stephen,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but we were closed for vacations

I'm very disapointed with you because instead of getting in touch with us first and sending us the picture of the holster that you are not satisfied with instead you went ahead and posted picture in several web pages .It looks like you are not actting in good faith we could have solved this and could have sent you another new holster that would have'd loved. We try to get our customers the best product .I really don't know what happend with your holster ,but what else can you put about us if you have already went ahead and talked bad about us. First if we wouldn't of done anything about your holster and not solve your problem than I think you had the write to talk bad about our company but you didn't even give us the chance to fix anything you preffered first to talk bad and then you want to work things out .You know that your holster is custom made and on custom holster we don't give refunds we redew the holster to satisfy our clients , but you went and stooped very low with your actions not very reasonable

if this is a word for word response from BHL I will make it a personal mission to make sure every person that I ever have a firearms discussion with knows exactly what this company is about. I am in awe that this guy would put this out there in save able, link able text. To begin with an apology then descend into a 2nd grade school level written litany of excuses and complaints about your (THE CUSTOMER, THE WRONGED CUSTOMER) handling of their problem is beyond absurd. Is this a cut and copy of the response by "Rudy"? please confirm if it is.

This is word for word! I cut and pasted it right out of my email. Ask REVTECH I forwarded him the email.

Wow, I opened this thread to see what the holster looked like and it's like wow, it hurts my eyes to look at it. I wonder if Forrest Gump is looking for a rig?

Actually, it could double as a baseball glove between shoots.

I volunteer to proofread and correct (with a red Sharpie) that response letter, along with a "Second grade teacher" commentary. Something along the lines of "See me after school, Rudy".

(An offensive practice I would not subject my fellow NWFA members to.)

No sticky gold stars for Rudy. Perhaps a note pinned to his chest to take home, addressed, "To the Parents of..."

Can anyone suggest a good custom holster maker that they have delt with? There are so many around that it is hard to choose. I have had some things done by A.E. Nelson in scio but I was not impressed with his work, his are just generic holster, and not molded to each gun.

Ted Blocker. Tigard Oregon. Worth a drive up here to check out the showroom and talk to the owner or his wife about your needs. I have 8-10 of their products and am happy with all. Greydog.

To begin with an apology then descend into a 2nd grade school level
Yes - After reading the response I was concerned my well composed and grammatically correct letter may have been a stretch for him.

Followup to his response has been forwarded to Stephen for his review.

Customer service is AT LEAST as important as product. A company producing a serviceable product (but perhaps not of the quality as some competitors) along will impeccable customer service and backing of that serviceable product may well eclipse the success of the company producing a "better" product with deplorable service.

Looks like Black Hills Leather is at strike two.

UPDATE

This is the email I got from BHL today, keep in mind that all the emails I have receieved are from Rudy Lozano, the owner of BHL here it is.

Hello Stephen,

as today, I dont have any pictures of my lack of quality on this holster, read at you first email below , alot of firearm enthusiast have look at this holster pictures but not me.

(Opinions about the quality are not just mine ) but are the consensus of many including many members of a well known Northwest based firearm enthusiast forum I posted pictures of the holster on. All of those who responded agreed with the lack of quality issues I outlined and many were simply appalled by the overall appearance.)

He sure has good grammar doesn't he!

On a better note I got a different holster today for the GP100. I got it at CNS Firearms in Albany, the holster is made by A.E. Nelson Leather in scio, It is just a generic holster that is meant to be for a S&W L frame but it fits the ruger great and it is going to be perfect for atv riding. I do not need a very fancy and expensive holster for atv riding anyways and I will get a nicer holster later on for ccw and open carry. CNS firearms is a nice store and they had a ton of guns and they were very friendly! Here is a pic of my new holster, it can be worn strong side or cross draw and is very good quality.

DSCF5845.jpg

If you want to stay "local" try Soteria Leather in Portland. Home She will be at the Portland gun show and her work is "Top of The Line", look her up you will not be disappointed. Don't settle for less than the best

interesting.

at least you found a holster that will work for you for now.
people have mentioned Ted Blocker holsters to you (located in Tigard).
It would be worth your time to drive there and at least speak to them. they have done some great holsters for champion cowboy action shooters.

as far as riding the atv with your firearm it needs to be unloaded according to Oregon law. i checked with OFF on this when I read the regs about this. CCW license does not negate this stupid law according to OFF.

Can anyone suggest a good custom holster maker that they have delt with? There are so many around that it is hard to choose. I have had some things done by A.E. Nelson in scio but I was not impressed with his work, his are just generic holster, and not molded to each gun.

I have two DM Bullard holsters, one for my 1911 and one for my Taurus 709 Slim; I love them both. Great looking and well made. My son also has a Bullard for his Kahr. Wait is something like 16 weeks and they're not cheap but in my mind well worth it. I also have a Ted Blocker for the 1911 that I bought years ago that still looks and functions great.

interesting.

at least you found a holster that will work for you for now.
people have mentioned Ted Blocker holsters to you (located in Tigard).
It would be worth your time to drive there and at least speak to them. they have done some great holsters for champion cowboy action shooters.

as far as riding the atv with your firearm it needs to be unloaded according to Oregon law. i checked with OFF on this when I read the regs about this. CCW license does not negate this stupid law according to OFF.

They Changed that law last year, you can now ride a atv/snowmobile/motorcycle with a loaded gun if you have a CHL. See link

Oregon Firearms Federation

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads