JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Custom made means made to your specs. If this is not made to your specs, they failed. Your specs should have included a drawing or picture representing a facsimile of what you wanted at the finished product. If you wanted rounded and did not convey that, you failed. Communication toward custom work is everything. It's a two-way street: the customer needs to be very specific, and the maker needs to know the questions to ask the customer to result in satisfaction.

Ted Blocker in Tigard (40 min north of you) does good work, but he ain't cheap.

Custom made means made to your specs.
To which I agree completely but based on my review of the communication between Stephen and BH not only did they not do what they said the holster is not even to the quality of off the rack stuff such as I mentioned before. Heck I have old Bi-Mart sold 'Hunter' brand holsters that are of excellent quality and shape. This holster was a fluke, a bad mistake they should make good on. No doubt a drawing or representation would have been advantageous but for them to produce something not even reasonably close to what was described is almost insulting. I deal with inferior product daily and I hold the manufacturer's feet to the fire to take care of it to the best of my ability.

This is the response I go from Rudy, the owner of black hills leather.

Hello Stephen,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but we were closed for vacations

I'm very disapointed with you because instead of getting in touch with us first and sending us the picture of the holster that you are not satisfied with instead you went ahead and posted picture in several web pages .It looks like you are not actting in good faith we could have solved this and could have sent you another new holster that would have'd loved. We try to get our customers the best product .I really don't know what happend with your holster ,but what else can you put about us if you have already went ahead and talked bad about us. First if we wouldn't of done anything about your holster and not solve your problem than I think you had the write to talk bad about our company but you didn't even give us the chance to fix anything you preffered first to talk bad and then you want to work things out .You know that your holster is custom made and on custom holster we don't give refunds we redew the holster to satisfy our clients , but you went and stooped very low with your actions not very reasonable

Hello Stephen,

I'm very disapointed with you because instead of getting in touch with us first and sending us the picture of the holster that you are not satisfied with instead you went ahead and posted picture in several web pages .It looks like you are not actting in good faith we could have solved this and could have sent you another new holster that would have'd loved. We try to get our customers the best product .I really don't know what happend with your holster ,but what else can you put about us if you have already went ahead and talked bad about us. First if we wouldn't of done anything about your holster and not solve your problem than I think you had the write to talk bad about our company but you didn't even give us the chance to fix anything you preffered first to talk bad and then you want to work things out .You know that your holster is custom made and on custom holster we don't give refunds we redew the holster to satisfy our clients , but you went and stooped very low with your actions not very reasonable

This response is far more damaging than the crappy holster they produced. Suck it up, admit you made a piece of crap, apologize and replace it. Then hope people judge you by how you handle the issue instead of your crappy original work.

Hello Stephen,

Wow, what a terrible response. Personally, I don't really see any bad-talking about their company here, just a guy that got an inferior product and is really disappointed because of the amount he paid to get the holster. Something weird is going on here.

Hopefully you will be able to get in touch with this guy, and either get some sort of compromise that you are happy with. Otherwise, I think you might be better off to just cut your losses. Trying to deal with people like that is really frustrating and difficult, and usually not worth it in the grand scheme of things. Best of luck Stephen!

This response is far more damaging than the crappy holster they produced. Suck it up, admit you made a piece of crap, apologize and replace it. Then hope people judge you by how you handle the issue instead of your crappy original work.

Good point. Now he still has a crappy holster in the hands of an unhappy customer, and is unwilling to fix it because the customer told some friends that his new fancy custom holster sucks ***, and didn't know what to do about it.

I guess he is just going to have to deal with the repercussions of is actions cause now with this response he has given me I plan on letting everyone I can know about is poor business ethics and his poor product quality and is unwillingness to make his customers happy.

I didn't see where the OP said anything bad about the manufacture, the OP was disapointed with the holster and I gathered that was looking for either confirmation of his opinion or that the OP was 'all wet'. Now other posters said the holster was junk or other more colorful terms... With the product that was received and the response received, I wouldn't want to deal with that business...EVER! I went and looked at his web site this visit, and his stitching on the photos of products is lousy! The guy cannot sew straight or keep the stitching the same distance from any of the slots....

Please do yourself a favor and check out some other holster manufacter...and I'll repeat myself...Milt Sparks.

Here is an example of how stitching should look.
6396000991_0c44a3a9ab.jpg

I didn't see where the OP said anything bad about the manufacture
He didn't, and neither did he in the response I helped him prepare. Black Hills response was derogatory and childlike with an attempt to make Stephen feel guilty over the pictures he posted. The response should have been mature and proactive with some options as far as making it right for him; but I believe they should have given him a no questions asked refund based on the basic poor quality as well as other elements of this build that were incorrect.

He didn't, and neither did he in the response I helped him prepare. Black Hills response was derogatory and childlike with an attempt to make Stephen feel guilty over the pictures he posted. The response should have been mature and proactive with some options as far as making it right for him; but I believe they should have given him a no questions asked refund based on the basic poor quality as well as other elements of this build that were incorrect.

If Blackhills wants to see childish the OP should give me permission to make a YouTube video based on his experience.

Once I get everything settled with BHL you can have it! What kind of video would you make?
If they continue to be asses about it I would want to make a video of how poorly they are handling the situation and how shabby of a product they sent you. All I would need is the photo of the original holster and the text from their response.

If they continue to be asses about it I would want to make a video of how poorly they are handling the situation and how shabby of a product they sent you. All I would need is the photo of the original holster and the text from their response.

Ok, I will keep everyone informed of what happens next, Ed (RVTECH) is helping me out with another letter to send.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top