JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in love the moment Jeremy said he had one available over at Lucky Sporting Goods and once I looked online at what they looked like I knew it would cure my itch for a single shot 38/357.

Naturally I couldn't not have the extra 6" of barrel Henry thinks it needs removed and threaded by are local gunsmith Velzey.

Didn't even shoot it before sending it on it's way to Tim.

Got it back literally the same time as I got my 9mm suppressor out of jail and took it out for the first time.

Put all of 50 rounds through it.

Wanted to take it with me to the Wolf Creek lanes when I get up there to remove some graffiti so I got it out of the safe.

Looking it over, I noticed there is a crack in the stock at the top rear tang.

Now I'm bummed.

It's such a beautiful gun, now it's flawed. It isn't much of a crack, but I'm fearful it will grow larger if shot further. So I'm not going to bring it with me, and I'm reaching out to Henry to see what can be done if anything.

Bummed day!

02A2E45B-6F44-4A3D-A37C-EEA977796F17.jpeg

I have seen certain gun smiths repair things like this. We had an old Husqvarna that needed pinning cause of some stock degradation. Been good for over a decade now.

I'm petty, that and I spent a premium price for this single shot. I'd expect the stock to last longer than this before cracking.

10 years from now, and hundreds of rounds later, I'll have a different opinion.

What does that have to do with anything, big guy?

Send it back Velzey's way, it's got to be child's play for him.
Nothing really, just seems like some would've not been bothered by such a small crack, where I would.

I'll hit up Tim if Henry doesn't want to do anything with it.

What rifle is it? I've repaired a number of them over the years and from what I can see it should be an easy repair. Any good Gunsmith who does Stock work should be able to make it look like new again. Good Luck.:):):)

Well according to Henry...….

The Henry Guarantee
From Owner, Anthony Imperato

"Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry." - Anthony Imperato

I'm petty, that and I spent a premium price for this single shot. I'd expect the stock to last longer than this before cracking.

10 years from now, and hundreds of rounds later, I'll have a different opinion.

I'm pretty sure as you age you'll become more petty than you may be today.... ;)

Well according to Henry...….

The Henry Guarantee
From Owner, Anthony Imperato

"Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry." - Anthony Imperato

Right up to the point you cut 6" off our factory barrels.... :D

I'm teasin' ya!! :p

I bought my wife a Henry Golden Boy American Beauty. When I checked it out, I missed a tiny dent on the stock. I gave it to my wife and of course she noticed so I emailed Henry to see if I could buy a new one. They dropped a whole new stock in the mail for free and didn't want the old one back or even any pictures of the damage. I think Henry will help you out. They have great customer service and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another rifle or three from them.

Good luck, but if anybody is going to help you, it's Henry.

I'm pretty sure as you age you'll become more petty than you may be today.... ;)
Right up to the point you cut 6" off our factory barrels.... :D
I'm teasin' ya!! :p

Probably. I get really picky about things lately.

I don't see why cutting the barrel down would change the fact the guns stock that was untouched in the process cracked.

Time will tell, just waiting on Henry to get back to me.

I'm gonna ask them if I can get the other stock set while I'm at it. The brass receiver comes with a straight cut stock, I'd like to have the Monte Carlo style they ship with the steel receiver.

upload_2018-12-18_15-41-0.jpeg

Gotta chime in with a +1 to Henry myself-- always gotten exceptional service from their people when I've had a technical question or just needed info. Sucks about the stock, but it is a piece of wood, subject to all that entails. Though while you're changing it out anyway, take a look at their stock upgrades. Wow!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top