JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the title says, this is kind of a dumb question but I`m hoping someone can shed some light.

I`m looking into getting a bayonet for my AR, specifically an OKC3S or an M7, depending on what mood I`m in. Thing is, my AR is a 16-inch with carbine gas. It seems to me that the only real hitch would be that the blade itself would sit further back than it would on an 18 or 20-inch. Any thoughts? Can someone please help?

Like the title says, this is kind of a dumb question but I`m hoping someone can shed some light.

I`m looking into getting a bayonet for my AR, specifically an OKC3S or an M7, depending on what mood I`m in. Thing is, my AR is a 16-inch with carbine gas. It seems to me that the only real hitch would be that the blade itself would sit further back than it would on an 18 or 20-inch. Any thoughts? Can someone please help?
Seems more of a statement than a question. Perhaps try again.
good luck

Out of curiosity, why would you do that?

For kicks?

Because you actually think you will need it IRL?

Seems like a huge wash of time for something that is basically useless...

One of those grenade launchers with the shotgun shell adapter seems like it would be a lot more useful.

Duct tape is your friend th?id=OIP.Mca8409d5970d0e1ea832dc1f885b4acao0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=282&h=152.jpg

Probably not many options. DPMS used to make a clamp on bayonet mount that clamped on to the barrel to provide a more forward mount for off the shelf bayonets. I did a quick search online and couldn't find any, but you may find a used one if you search a bit. I have no idea if they work well or not:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_ZZE5NsdSHkwvywQMXp3Hn-EByaV_GipnLNSd45gfaj-pV-wR.jpg

Another option is an extra long handled bayonet - here is one, and it's not cheap ($300):

a03.jpg

<broken link removed>

If you want to mount a pig-sticker on a 16" barreled AR w/o bolt-on lugs, extra-long handle bayonettes... or duct tape (LOL), it has to be a mid-length gas system. It scales the same as a 20" barrel with a full length (rifle) gas system from the flash hider.

I didn't know a 16" middy would work but I know a 14.5 middy will. Bayonet lugs on 16" carbines are pretty useless.

I think you meant 14.5" carbine, not a middy... That's in the (relative) "dissipator" length gas system territory (like a rifle length gas system on a 16" barrel). FYI- a 14.5" barreled carbine length gas system scales the same from the bayo-lug to the end of the flash hider as a 16" middy length gas system, and as a 20" rifle length gas system does.

TA DA!! :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews