JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a kimber eclipse 10mm showing up tomorrow. Cant wait to see it. If you dont mind spending the dough then I think the 10mm is the best round short of a .44mag. Its a really nice gun.

I've got a .40 Browning Hi-Power. It's strictly a range gun. It was made in 1994 and I bought it used last year.

It's wonderfully made. I've had no ejection failures or any other kind of problems.

The return spring on the slide is very strong. The spring is so compressed that, when I field strip it, I've got a special tool to help me wrestle that spring off and then back on.

I have no experience with Kimbers so I can't compare them for you, sorry. I do like my Browning, though.

That is a tough call. I have shot several models of Kimber and a HP in 40. Ergonomics are excellent in both and your calibers are all good to. I would say what best fits your hand and your pocket book.

I own 1911s in 45, BHPs in 9MM and 40 and at one time or another I have carried each of them as a primary CCW for years

The BHP 9MM has a charm all it's own and a different feel than the 40, which kicks harder and as a result has a slower rate of fire. The 40 BHP is my daily CCW and has been for years and I love it. The recoil spring R & R is no problem for me but I have a strong grip and have owned and carried BHPs for 25 years so far

I cannot see any appeal in a 1911 chambered in 40. The gun is too large for the caliber IMO. If you're wanting a 1911 why not the 45 ACP ?