JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:)
Hi guys.

I wonder how many of you carry the chopped 1911s in .45 or 9mm?

I've never shot one , but like the shorter grips on my carry guns.

The Defender or the Ultra are price even in my area, and I'm curious
as to how they would recoil with 230 grain ball ammo>

Hopefully, not beat me up like my XD-S .45 does these days, but
I'll have to rent a short slide 1911 to find out.

Post your guns, carry and practice loads, and holsters...open top or thumbsnap?

I had a Defender that was very accurate and recoil was not an issue. Sold it to a good friend because I'm not very bright at times. I now have a Kimber Ultra CDP II and it is also very accurate and easy to shoot. Take your pick, they are both good rigs.

I have a blued Cold Defender that's just a great gun. Eats pretty much anything and is as reliable as any pistol I've owned. I have a Colt Commander as well and I really can't tell the difference in terms of accuracy at distances out to 15 yards. Both are more accurate than I am. The Defender is a dream in either an IWB or OWB holster. Good luck with whichever you decide on.

I have a Kimber Ultra Ten II, its a 10 shot mag in 45 acp and it's as accurate for me as my STI 2011. I carry it in my front pocket daily, with an Unky Mike's pocket holster-- I used to carry a Para Ordnance P-10 (like the Warthog) but the Kimber is more accurate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top