JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a someone buy one at the Forest Grove Bi-Mart and his reaction was quite entertaining.

"Is this new?"
".....and its a Kimber?!"
"....What is 45ACP compared to 45AUTO?"
"Ok, let me check my bank account."
"This is a good deal, I will take it!"

This was in a matter of probably 100 seconds, while I waited to get some ammo.

From what I see, looks just like the custom II I have at home, if its lightweight, I would be of cautious to double check how you plan on using and carrying it.
I had a lightweight colt commander and a lightweight operator in the past, that all ended up having some type of fracture in the frames.

I saw a someone buy one at the Forest Grove Bi-Mart and his reaction was quite entertaining.

"Is this new?"
".....and its a Kimber?!"
"....What is 45ACP compared to 45AUTO?"
"Ok, let me check my bank account."
"This is a good deal, I will take it!"

This was in a matter of probably 100 seconds, while I waited to get some ammo.

From what I see, looks just like the custom II I have at home, if its lightweight, I would be of cautious to double check how you plan on using and carrying it.
I had a lightweight colt commander and a lightweight operator in the past, that all ended up having some type of fracture in the frames.

The way to do it is have the feed ramp integral to the barrel rather the frame. I know Colt isn't doing that. Not sure about Kimber. Dan Wesson does this.

Depends on the Kimber, All that I have owned/own have the Novak type intergraded feed ramp extension on the barrel, and I'm not remembering a Kimber that didn't have it, even the Compact Ultra Carry II .45 had the Novak Cut frame/barrel extension!

The biggest issues the non ramped Compact 1911's have is frame hammer, where the Barrel will Hammer the frame as the slide cycles back and the barrel rotates down and back out of battery, I always thought it was poor fitting/piss poor 'smithing, but it's not, it's the geometry the shorter barrel creates between the bushing and the pivot link! On Steel Guns, it's usually not a big problem, but the Alloy frames will ether "Seat In" or they can/will crack! Colt always allowed a little more generous clearance to mitigate the frame issues, and they also changed the pivot link ratio to help remove a tiny bit of the over travel which seemed to "Fix" the Frame Hammering! Para went further and made their own ramped barrel extension combo with the frame which creates a lot more support surface in the frame to help spread the load, Kimber split the difference by going to the Novak system, and arguably, actually works better!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top