JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Besides Husqvarna, the other manufacturers of the Swedish Mausers were Carl Gustav and Mauser Oberndorff Werks, in Germany.

Oberndorff! That's one I couldn't remember, and pretty sure the ones my boss would cherry pick.
I've been doing a little reading, and it seems that some barrel makers that offer pre-threaded and short chambered barrels for small ring Mausers don't offer them in calibers like .243 or .22-250 because they don't want them put on some of the poorer quality actions.
Brownells has Shilen barrels, pre-threaded, and short chambered, but only offer them in calibers such as 6.5 and 7mm, not any that I could see in .243 or .22-250.

So a long while back I bought a "kimber .308 M96 which uses a mausser receiver with kimber barrel and stock." It was/is one of the best shooting rifles I have owned (had to gift it to my F-I-L, he was impressed by the cloverleaf holes it made). I did have my local GS mod the bolt and carrier and the accuracy was/is sub-moa. Since I load my own .308 I don't worry about the pressure, but I have shot factory and have no concerns. For the money it is an awesome shooter!

Greetings!
I, too am a Swede Fan!
I have a M38 still original and a M96 that Kimber Sporterised!
Any idea of the value of the Kimber-Swede?
It is in Excellent condition and I have not put more than 10 rounds thru it.
Thanks,
Ed

Allot of times the extractors Kimber were using just needed a little fine tuning to get them to function properly. If he installs a new one it most likely won't function quite right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top