Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kimber of Oregon Magazine Box for 223 Rem

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by mistem, Apr 30, 2012.

1. mistem

mistem willamatte valley Member

Anyone have a lead on a gunsmith that would be able to fabricate a magazine box for a Kimber of Oregon 223 Rem......just purchase a rifle and the box is not correct.
    Any surplus part available....I checked the normal places (Numrich,Brownells and Gun Broker).
    I'm wanting to make this rifle a repeater that feeds reliably.
    Thanks Mitch

2. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

3. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

Try Nick at Albany Guns. If there is one to be had, He will either have it or know where one is.

4. mistem

Thanks...I'll try them both.
    Mitch

5. shockme

shockme oregon Member

hi , do you know how old meaning first production or later oregon gun i think i have one i worked there in the early nineties have one of the first 7 model 84 rifles made very nice tack driver 17 rem. there still are people around from the orig, kimber days your rifle might say clackamas or colton

6. mistem

Shockme....
    I'm not sure of the production date....barrel is marked Clackamas. Anyway of being able to determine manufacturing date? I found the correct magazine box from Nick in Albany.....now I have to fit the follower to the box. Any recommendations on a local smith for the work?
    Thanks Mitch