JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$380
Manufacturer
Kimber
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Vancouver-ish
State
Washington
Zip Code
Up for sale. SW WA area. Clark County area. Vancouver area.

Kimber of America. M96 .308 Winchester.
Sporterized Swedish Mauser. Produced at Kimber in Oregon in 1996. Matching #s on receiver, mag floor plate, bolt, bolt handle, bolt release. Classic controlled round feed. Swedish alloy steel receiver. Tastefully sporterized by a reputable maker. 22" .308 barrel.

Kimber imported and sporterized these Swedish Mausers in 1995/1996. Rebarreled in popular USA calibers, and sold through Kimber stocking dealers.

This was purchased from a Kimber dealer in Vancouver. Test fired a few rounds, and then put in storage. I recently got it out and wiped it down with some fresh oil. It is as good as the day it was bought.

Selling for $380 cash.
Send Conversation, Private message if interested.

300FFACC-C0A2-429B-A52C-DCCA70075AA2.jpeg 9DD170B5-5406-4D3F-9339-192B5CCCB06F.jpeg 7B0A0445-F350-4E95-9429-61DA43A11C39.jpeg 1594488C-C679-4B28-A531-5490D634F78A.jpeg 9361991D-D603-40C8-A3CB-54863BAEA03E.jpeg 6203400E-6AE4-42B2-8EB6-A3A77A903ECB.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Still up for sale. Not looking to ship at this time. Thank you.

Wanting to move this to buy a nice scope for my .22.
Dropped price to $380 and throwing in a rifle case and a sling.

0944027A-A65A-488C-BEA4-0F66D7CE30D8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Might also trade for Aimpoint PRO.
A 10/22 takedown.
Or CZ 452/457 .22 rifles.

Last Edited:
For those who do not know, this is "The Gun That Saved Kimber". When the bottom fell out, and the beautiful (first generation) Kimber rifles were no longer being made, the company in receivership, such happenings coincided with the "dump" of carloads of Swede rifles, many imported by SARCO. Model 38's, Model 96's and such.

What remained of the Kimber outfit (personnel and machinery in Clackamas, Oregon) was turned toward this windfall that just might keep them afloat: Quantities of the fine Swedes were purchased and converted to sporters.

Most or many (depending on barrel condition: conveniently registered on the buttstock medallion) were retained in the original caliber, the barrels turned down to eliminate the "steps" of the military contour and remained 6.5x55mm. Others were rebarreled in .308 and .243. I heard rumor of .257 Roberts but have never seen one.

They were polished and blued, some got an electroless nickel finish, barrel at 22 inches, drilled for Weaver bases, Ramline plastic stock installed, and when you bought the gun, it came with a (nice, but minimal of course) Bushnell 3x-9x scope installed in Weaver rings and a nylon sling, AND a plastic foam lined hard case.

The whole friggin' deal for $299.

I ended up with a .308 nickel. That gun allowed my uncle to continue his hunting career when he couldn't see the sights on "The Ol' Springfield" anymore.
That gun went on every expedition with me as a bulletproof backup gun. Flawlessly accurate and flawlessly dependable.
That gun was loaned out when ever anybody needed a rifle that asked. It worked every time for everyone.

It now belongs to a neighbor "kid" (mid-20's). Took a trophy Pronghorn with it last year. He's now shooting long range with it and happy with how it holds its own against guns costing 5 times more. I had modified it with a Dayton Traister cock-on-opening conversion/trigger, and glass bedded the Ramline to make it stiff where it needed.

Best workhorse gun for the money I will ever expect to see in my life. If you are fond of Kimber, it's also a piece of American firearms history.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.