JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I am curious on a value of a rifle I purchased in 1998. It is a Kimber M-98 in 338 win mag. It has a butler creek composite stock and a military type Allen sling. It has an old weaver type fixed scope and overall condition is 7/10. I have all paperwork that came with it and original receipt. It was sporterized by Kimber in Yonkers, NY so they did the metal work and put the barrel on in their factory. I have looked on several gun classified pages and have not found any for sale to compare. If anyone knows the value of these rifles that would help a lot. Thanks in advance
95B
LW

Most of the Kimbers on GB are around $1000 to 3000. Caliber doesn't seem to make as much difference as grade and if it was made in Oregon or NY.
The scope adds nothing as a $200 scope on a $1000 rifle wouldn't add much .Sling adds nothing.
Is the Butler Creek stock original or did you put it on? If you put it on this would probably reduce the value.Again a cheaper stock on an expensive rifle.
All in all the rifle should be around $700 MINIMUM and could be upwards of $1200.

I just looked at GB,you should take a look at GunsAmerica too.Maybe find some that are sold.
Again it looks like the caliber has less to do than the grade of rifle on the price

Except it isn't a Kimber rifle like you are thinking of mjbskwim. From 1996 to 1998, Kimber build rifles on both sporterized 96 and 98 Mauser actions. They came with either a walnut or RamLine synthetic stock (I've seen several of the rifles in both actions, and have yet to see one with a walnut. All have had the plastic RamLine stocks). They were available it .220 swift, .257 Roberts, .270, .280 Rem, .30-06, .7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Win Mag.

As for value, I'd say you're probably looking at between $400 and $500 depending on the condition. About the same as other commercial mausers.

Nice rifles though!

Except it isn't a Kimber rifle like you are thinking of mjbskwim. From 1996 to 1998, Kimber build rifles on both sporterized 96 and 98 Mauser actions. They came with either a walnut or RamLine synthetic stock (I've seen several of the rifles in both actions, and have yet to see one with a walnut. All have had the plastic RamLine stocks). They were available it .220 swift, .257 Roberts, .270, .280 Rem, .30-06, .7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Win Mag.

As for value, I'd say you're probably looking at between $400 and $500 depending on the condition. About the same as other commercial mausers.

Nice rifles though!
Now you have seen one in Walnut.

image.jpg image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR