JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a Kimber 5" Custom, the gun was a project that a friend was building for me, and it needs to be finished, the gun has had 30lpi checkering in the front strap, 30lpi Ed Brown Mainspring housing, Ed Brown Beavertail, STI Hammer, titanium strut, trigger, Ed Brown single sided extended safety, Heinie night sights, Kart Barrel and Briley spherical Bushing. The slide has been Accu-railed. The gun has been sitting in my safe for several years and I always planned on finishing it but have lost interest and have other projects in mind, there is over $1500 dollars in parts alone. What needs to be done is the barrel needs to be fitted to the frame and the gun needs your preferred finish applied. Do or get those two things done and you'll have one of the nicest 1911's around. All work done is the highest quality and well above the work you see these days from the big name semi-custom shops,

no longer available

Of course transfer will have to take place at a dealer willing to do the transfer

Thanks for looking

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
I know it's been a while, but can you pass along (PM?) who did the checkering? I have something that I'd like checkered.

Thanks.

The person that did the work passed away, that is why it isn't finished, thanks for the trade offer but all I'm looking for is a Glock 9mm 4th gen

Looks like a nice little project, but not for 12.
And BTW, not really Kimber of Oregon...or of America. They didn't start making 1911s until the founder had been forced out, the company sold a few times and moved to The People's Republic of New York as plain old Kimber.

In response to the OP...I believe my obvious point was that YOUR gun is NOT a Kimber of OREGON as Kimber of America was a separate, later company. Pretty sure Jerico/Kimber guns were MANUFACTURED in Yonkers, regardless of where the company offices were at that time. I'll try to be more articulate with my details in the future.

Either way... that is some nice sharp checkering! If I bought her I would hit the frontstrap with some emery cloth to knock off the points (from what I see in the pic) and it'd be golden. I'd have to do that same size on the back of the slide too... two tone cerakote...some Cocabola grips...hmmmmmm

Last Edited:
I'm open to offers and BTW your information is incorrect, Kimber assembled 1911's in Oregon for several years before buying the company (Jerico) that was forging the frames and moving to Yonkers. I personally bought in 1995 Kimber Custom #CK1069, the breakdown of the serial numbers is Custom Kimber 1069 and they reserved the first 1000 numbers for a future special run that never happened, so this gun is number 69, I was told by Kimber at the time that it was hand assembled by Chip Mckormick, not sure if that is true, but it is unfired to this day. However I just looked at this gun again and it is a Yonkers frame, I will adjust the ad accordingly

Those aren't pins, that is the accu-rail system

Ahhh I see that will teach me not to read it all thru...

Man that barrel can be fitted up in an afternoon, and then everything cerakated. And it will be quite the shooter.

Any interest? I've lowered the price, just want it to go to a good home

Price reduced, would really like to find this a loving home, you won't ever find this much quality work for this little money again.

Last Edited:
So what's your cash price ? I have been wanting a custom 1911 for years especially one I Can put my own finishing touches on ,it would be a forever home ! Send me a pm please

Still a available, it is a screaming deal if you know a gunsmith you can trust to complete it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.