JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ed brown bobbed MSH and thin Alumagrips cost about $150. I supplied the labor and the Cerakote finish. I suspect that I have at least 10 hours in the project. I prefer the feel of the bobtail grip.
Ken in Corvallis

Nice job. I do love the way a bobbed 1911 feels in my hand, too. I have a CBOB and while I first thought the bobbed grip looks funny, that thought went away when I shot it!

joken,

Nice work, I have built one bobtail gun (a stainless commander) and really like the feel as well. I ordered my frame with the hole drilled in the correct place and just had to fit the part from there. Did you buy a jig to relocate the MSH hole?

Brownells has them. I believe it's a Ed Brown product too. This is my second BT project. I think the jug was around $45.

Nice job! I don't thnk I would be brave enough to do this myself to my 1911... I would like this done to mine but I have asked my local pistol smith the cost...

Nice! I just did the same to my GSG 1911-22. I have a Dan Wesson CBOB and Ed Brown Kobra carry both bobtailed and I love the feel in my hand.
100_1534.jpg