Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kimber Bobtail project.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by joken, Nov 24, 2012.

1. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice job. I do love the way a bobbed 1911 feels in my hand, too. I have a CBOB and while I first thought the bobbed grip looks funny, that thought went away when I shot it!

3. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

Satin black hides a lot of boo boos... but it looks like you did yourself a nice job there Ken. Good on ya'! :thumbup:

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

The next one will go much quicker!!

5. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

joken,

Nice work, I have built one bobtail gun (a stainless commander) and really like the feel as well. I ordered my frame with the hole drilled in the correct place and just had to fit the part from there. Did you buy a jig to relocate the MSH hole?

6. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Brownells has them. I believe it's a Ed Brown product too. This is my second BT project. I think the jug was around $45.

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'd like to do that to my Ultra Crimson Carry II but it might take away too much of the already short grip. Even just rounding off the sharp edge would help though.

8. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Nice job! I don't thnk I would be brave enough to do this myself to my 1911... I would like this done to mine but I have asked my local pistol smith the cost...

9. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Nice! I just did the same to my GSG 1911-22. I have a Dan Wesson CBOB and Ed Brown Kobra carry both bobtailed and I love the feel in my hand.
    100_1534.jpg