1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Kimber .22 conversion on Norinco lower

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 66goat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 66goat

66goat Oregon, Hillsboro Member

Recently was tearing down my Norinco .45 and found some peening on the barrel lugs. Needless to say I was bummed. I realize this was a Chinese import and some would say told you so, but honestly I have had the pistol for 18 years and it has always been reliable. No regrets as I paid $300 for it.

I skeptically picked up a Kimber conversion for it on the forum and had a chance to try it out. First shell failed to eject, second and third required me to pull the slide, the next 117 ran flawlessly!

Have to say overall I was impressed. Accuracy was slightly better then when I had the .45 slide/barrel on it. I was using bulk federal and a few CCI mini-mags. Only thing I didn't care for is the plastic mags. This would be a great way to teach someone to shoot the .45 if they are recoil sensitive or if you didn't want to spend a lot on ammo.

2. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

My buddy had to find the ammo his Kimber .22 conversion liked. When he found it he has liked it very well. Everybody should have a .22 to shoot.