JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no experience with that particular model but I have owned and shot the following-
Pro Carry II
Warrior
Ultra CDP
I have never experienced any failures of any kind with about 1000 through each.
My overall opinion of Kimber is great and my one customer care experience with them was top notch.

As long a you don't mind the price get one. I have a pro Carr II stainless win rosewood grips. Love the accuracy, my XDM can't get the same grouping. Conceals awesome in th Crossbreed IWB holster and looks so much nicer than the typical plain black pistol. I roll my own and it has never had issues that weren't my fault.

I'm looking at picking up a Pro Covert II, does anybody have an opinion good or bad.

Thanks

read, read and read some more. You MAY get a Kimber that runs, you MAY not. IF you need any sort of customer service you're basically screwed is this IS an area Kimber has failed at time and again.
If it were me- DO NOT GET A SERIES80 gun with the BS safeties and do not get a gun with external extractor. Beyond that cross your fingers.

read, read and read some more. You MAY get a Kimber that runs, you MAY not. IF you need any sort of customer service you're basically screwed is this IS an area Kimber has failed at time and again.
If it were me- DO NOT GET A SERIES80 gun with the BS safeties and do not get a gun with external extractor. Beyond that cross your fingers.

I had a problem with one shooting to low, called service, got a return number that paid for shipping and was then returned. no problem at all.

You are aware Kimber has no custom shop, it's just a roll mark correct?

Yes I am aware there's no physical location of a custom shop, and that it's simply their more senior smiths hand fitting/testing stock parts. That's why you can't send your Kimber in to them for actual "custom" work like you can Springfield, the only "custom" stuff they have ever offered as a service is all stuff found on a stock model.

Yes I am aware there's no physical location of a custom shop, and that it's simply their more senior smiths hand fitting/testing stock parts. That's why you can't send your Kimber in to them for actual "custom" work like you can Springfield, the only "custom" stuff they have ever offered as a service is all stuff found on a stock model.
Just making sure as some people don't know this.
If you're set on Kimber hunt for an earlier one, or find one that's been ran hard. you'll know it's a gun that runs and not run a roll of the dice. and I'm not anti-Kimber
Warrior1.jpg

have a tac pro ii and the trigger sux. very sad indeed.
if your feeling the need to drop some coin a 45, look at wilson combat.
you should be able to get into a new one for 25 or 26 hundo.

Be aware that the early ones are great.... Late ones use MIM parts , fire control group. They are just ok if you don't shoot a lot. Metal injection molded parts don't last as long.

Replace them with Ed Brown HARD CORE parts!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top