JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like owls....love to see and hear them when I am out in the wood line or even by my house.

We have Barred Owls here where I live...and yes they are invasive and aggressive towards native owls and other birds.
Should we kill 'em all...No
But the Barred Owl should be "manged better" , so as to be kept in check ....So they do not kill off a native species.

Thank you for posting this article.
Andy

So when walking about in the woods you not only need a bear gun but also a big bottle of champagne in case you run into one of these things.

So we going to get a mulligan on the "cutting old growth kills the spotted owls" laws? Can we rescind those first?

Ask every one of these people and they'll tell you about the evolution of species etc which also means survival of the fittest and how there is a natural progress to species. The ebb and flow of nature is fluid.

But... they won't let a species die, just like they'll keep their terminally sick kid in a hospital. When they can god over a species to keep a job it's wrong.

We have all kinds of Owls here, Great Horned, Barn, Barred, and even a Great Snowy now and then, and my little buddy Pygmy Owl!

The Damn Spotted own is NOT a native Oregonian species, but was planted here in the 70's and used to start the rift that would eventually kill the logging industry here and turn neighbors against each other, and even kill or main many loggers, for a little bird that didn't belong here in the first place! :mad::mad::mad:

The Damn Spotted own is NOT a native Oregonian species, but was planted here in the 70's and used to start the rift that would eventually kill the logging industry here and turn neighbors against each other, and even kill or main many loggers, for a little bird that didn't belong here in the first place! :mad::mad::mad:

All very true. I'd add and destroyed the economies of many rural areas in this state too. :mad:

I love spotted owls, they taste great.

Fried in Exxon oil!!!

All very true. I'd add and destroyed the economies of many rural areas in this state too. :mad:

The school system here still hasn't recovered from the lost revenue stream. We've had to pass several additional levies.

When I moved to La Grande in 1980, the local economy was Timber, Ag, and Railroad, in that order. Timber is but a pale shadow of what it used to be here. What used to be a guaranteed family/living wage job for young men is now gone. The railroad pulled out. We have some Ag but it's not what it used to be either. What is left is the RV manufacturing industry, and Eastern Oregon University for family wage jobs. Walmart and McD won't cut it. Now government is the largest employer, changing the demographics from independent minded outdoorsman, to bureaucrats, yesmen, and (yuck...) Profs!!

I like owls, I really do. But Spotted Owls have left a bad taste...

The school system here still hasn't recovered from the lost revenue stream. We've had to pass several additional levies.

We've found that to be case in most places we've lived. My wife has been a school teacher all her adult life and, except when she was a student teacher in the city, it has been in rural Oregon. Most, if not all, of the districts are running on a shoe-string budget. The building she's teaches in and the one my daughter goes to are very old and in poor shape. The globe in my daughter's classroom still has a Soviet Union and East Germany on it.

3D6924B4-6241-4DCA-8AAF-22493DAF73A8.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads