Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Killing owls to save owls

CRBMoA

Reactions
We have all kinds of Owls here, Great Horned, Barn, Barred, and even a Great Snowy now and then, and my little buddy Pygmy Owl!

The Damn Spotted own is NOT a native Oregonian species, but was planted here in the 70's and used to start the rift that would eventually kill the logging industry here and turn neighbors against each other, and even kill or main many loggers, for a little bird that didn't belong here in the first place! :mad::mad::mad:
QFT!

Mikej

Reactions
But... they won't let a species die, just like they'll keep their terminally sick kid in a hospital.
They're letting the sturgeon die a slow death at their spawning/wintering grounds. Pinnapeds feed heavily on sturgeon when anadromous species aren't available. So there's that. :(

Dyjital

Reactions
They're letting the sturgeon die a slow death at their spawning/wintering grounds. Pinnapeds feed heavily on sturgeon when anadromous species aren't available. So there's that. :(
Man mingling and creating problems where there shouldn’t be!

Mikej

Reactions
Man mingling and creating problems where there shouldn’t be!
We have the power to at least try to to strike a balance, IMO. Yet we allow the seal huggers to stop a meaningful reduction/education of pinnapeds to help the sturgeon /salmon and steelhead populations. The "Oregon" way these days.

HighlandLofts

Reactions
I flew back to Seattle a few years ago from Texas and my transfer was in Commiefornia.
The mountainscwere all raped of trees in Commiefornia, Oregon and Washington.
And people get all worked up over cutting down the rain forest.

It won't be long and trees on the west coast will be a thing of the past. Maybe we should bring back our jobs that our government let go overseas and boost our economy.
But the Americam people will not work for $5 a day.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online