Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kill the messenger

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I am sensing a character assasination in the works. Unfortunately, one guy will get smeared and will get rail roaded just speaking the truth because those above him know they have kept us in a war we should've extracated ourselves from 5 years ago.

First the report: Truth, lies and Afghanistan - February 2012 - Armed Forces Journal - Military Strategy, Global Defense Strategy

Then the first shots in what I am sure will turn out to be a smear campaign and character assasination like no other: U.S. News - Pentagon investigates colonel over critical report on US progress in Afghanistan

2. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I suspect you are right. Afghanistan has been the "hey, it's not Iraq" war, somehow making it okay to continue doing what, fighting? Either blow the whole place up and get out, or just get out.

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Afghanistan is still technically covered by the U.N. as a supported mission, isn't it? We have the lion's share of deployment (as usual) but it's still considered a coalition effort, isn't it?

Only reason I mention that is I could see the smear getting quicker attention and effort in order to quell any additional partners pulling out sooner and leaving us with more of the burden to foot until such time as we extracate ourselves from the situation. Probably a minor point, but then again that pretty much sums up the U.N.