JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We stayed at Diamond lake many years ago and the cabins there were infested with Daddy Long Leg spiders really bad. Not as bad as that video but close.

Those guys don't bother me.

What does bother me is the photo my wife showed me yesterday she took ok her phone outside of a store.

Was a Hobo the size of a 1/2 dollar or bigger. Just there, on the wall..

Nope nope nope. Nope I don't volunteer to sweet that building out that's got all them spiders in it..

Nope.
Not happening...
I'll fix the hole in the ceiling from the 12 gauge before I attempt this.

I saw an old bunker in fort polk that had that many. It was awesome. they can not bit you. I let them crawl on me. They are completely harmless.

Something doesn't have to be harmful to instill irrational fear. I hate spiders, big or small, always have. Beetles too. Snakes, rats, mice, no problem. Just keep those freaky a$$ 8-legged ba$tards as far away as possible.

You do know those little guys are climbing in your ears and making love all night long don't you - it's a science fact, I checked on Snopes :p

My wife got bit by a Hobo spider and it took over a year to heal completely.
The rental house we were temporarily living in was infested with them.
My Doberman Pincer would run from those bad boys when they would come out of hiding at night and they would try to attack her by running across the carpet in the living room.

The completely round/oval body makes these a variety of Harvestmen.

They eat decaying organic matter and some eat very small insects.

Ive never seen quite that many together, however its a part of their survival tactics.
Between heat, pheromones and confusing the enemy its how they have been known to stay alive. Amazing stuff.

Last Edited:
Spiders are great by me, I hate rats and that POS is going to DIE!

BTW, That is a lot of spiders! I'm guessing recently hatched. When I was about four a nest of spiders hatched behind my headboard and I woke up with about a billion spiders crawling all over me! I didn't like that!

Last Edited:
They gather in large groups like that for the winter, I have a compressor room out back and when I opened the door last winter the whole door was covered in them. Needless to say servicing the compressor was put off till spring!

BTW, That is a lot of spiders! I'm guessing recently hatched. When I was about four a nest of spiders hatched behind my headboard and I woke up with about a billion spiders crawling all over me! I didn't like that!

When did you get let out of the institution? I only ask because if that had happened to me I would likely still be there myself. Just reading that made me twitch and dust myself off just in case. :eek:

When did you get let out of the institution? I only ask because if that had happened to me I would likely still be there myself. Just reading that made me twitch and dust myself off just in case. :eek:

Too many to dust off! I was covered with them! My mom ran me outside and hosed me off. Didn't affect me much, though I was screaming at the time!

EEK! When my daughter was almost two, she was playing outside under one of our trees when I heard her start whimpering, then crying, then screaming and stumbling around. I rush out to find she had unwittingly sat in an anthill and the little red ants were crawling all over her and pinching her, even getting under her diaper. :eek::eek:

It was quite a while before she remained calm at the sight of a 'bug' of any sort. Finally, she got over her fear, or just forgot about it, and as a preteen she was our resident 'bug' expert--collecting, reading books and studying bugs. She even entertained the idea (for a short while) of becoming an entomologist!:eek::rolleyes::D

When I was a little kid, my little brother and I were messing around up in the attic of the house I grew up in, when we found an old army arctic down mummy bag.
I unrolled it and climbed inside, but when the zipper got to the top were your face shows through, it got stuck.
While my little brother was trying to unzip it, I started to feel things crawling all over my body.
There is nothing worse then being trapped in an old sleeping bag and not knowing what is trying eat you alive, or so thought my imagination.
Turns out that it was infested with earwigs, lots of earwigs, which as bugs go are not so bad, but at the time it didn't matter and somehow I managed to tear the old bag to shreds getting out of it in my panic.
There were goose feathers all over the attic and it took hours to clean up.

EEK! When my daughter was almost two, she was playing outside under one of our trees when I heard her start whimpering, then crying, then screaming and stumbling around. I rush out to find she had unwittingly sat in an anthill and the little red ants were crawling all over her and pinching her, even getting under her diaper. :eek::eek:

It was quite a while before she remained calm at the sight of a 'bug' of any sort. Finally, she got over her fear, or just forgot about it, and as a preteen she was our resident 'bug' expert--collecting, reading books and studying bugs. She even entertained the idea (for a short while) of becoming an entomologist!:eek::rolleyes::D

And that Monica is why I'm afraid of ants to this day. Same experience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top