JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This really pisses me off.. Last night my buddy called me up and asked if I wanted to go to the comedy club with him because he got some free tickets. So he comes and picks me up and as we are driving over there he gets a call from one of his co-workers that owed him some money. He called and said he had it if he wanted to pick it up. So we detour over there. He opens his from door and cloud of smoke comes out of his house. Already I am thinking great whats gonna happen now...

Now I have nothing against weed, I used to smoke it, but have not in probably 4 years because of paranoia of getting busted haha :s0131:

So we go in and his co-workers wife is sitting on the couch with her daughter (guessing 3-5 years old) and the wife was smoking a joint right next to her child. She even had the guts to tell her to go get her more weed from the bedroom and the daughter fetched it like it was a daily thing!

WTF... To my private drug use is one thing BUT smoking weed with your child is just wrong!!

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

I would have called child protective services or 911. If you are an adult and you want to smoke, eh, I don't get really excited about that. If you get caught, you will get what you deserve.

If you risk the welfare of a child by exposing them to it second hand, you need to be stopped immediately. If you pay by losing your freedom, so be it.

I feel the same way. It seems cruel but the fact is these with that environment these kids are destine to failure from the start. The problem is child services involvement and foster care usually makes the kids worse than staying with the family.

I would have called child protective services or 911. If you are an adult and you want to smoke, eh, I don't get really excited about that. If you get caught, you will get what you deserve.

If you risk the welfare of a child by exposing them to it second hand, you need to be stopped immediately. If you pay by losing your freedom, so be it.

I agree that CPS should be called. I am curious how many would make the same call if it had been cigarette smoke instead though? Personally I think subjecting children to any kind of second hand smoke is bad, but I have a feeling a lot of people wouldn't dream of calling CPS on someone for smoking cigarettes around their kids.

Could this be something reported after the fact? Because I think it is total BS that this is happening, makes me think the child has NO future. I just wanted to get out of there last night, I did not even think about calling the police or CPS. I was thinking more along the lines of what happens when the police knock on the door and I smell like weed because I am standing in the smoke and there is a little kid in the room that's probably high from the contact.

Could this be something reported after the fact? Because I think it is total BS that this is happening, makes me think the child has NO future. I just wanted to get out of there last night, I did not even think about calling the police or CPS. I was thinking more along the lines of what happens when the police knock on the door and I smell like weed because I am standing in the smoke and there is a little kid in the room that's probably high from the contact.

It certainly could be reported after the fact. It changes the dynamic a little. It's one thing to catch them in the act of endangering the wellfare of a child, it's another thing to report what you saw happen "the other day" and would probably be handled differently.

Yes, a call to CPS can be made after the fact. Your call can be completely anonymous. CPS can investigate for evidence of negligent care of the children (isn't that an oxymoron?). It may be a way to drive parents into making some changes towards achieving a healthier family.

The problem is child services involvement and foster care usually makes the kids worse than staying with the family.

Yes, there are bad foster parents, but I know quite a few foster parents who take care of these kids because they are concerned for the kids well being. Does that mean that it is better for the child to be taken, live in a foster home, and then returned? I would say yes in most cases. The parents have an opportunity to change their life style and if the poor parenting continues, a case is built for terminating their parental rights. (It takes A LOT to loose parental rights, by the way, IMO.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top