JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I looked and didn't see this link posted yet....

Pokémon-searching brothers find loaded gun in Hazel Dell field (http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2016/07/brothers_find_loaded_gun_in_wa.html#incart_river_index)

The Channel 12 news claimed it to be S&W model 16-4. I had to look it up, never heard of that model. S&W forum says they were manufactured in the late '80s-early '90s in .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum. What a cool gun, and a shame for it to be ruined, AND lost to police custody!

Not exactly "kid" though.

Well sonny! When you're over 60, they're ALL kids! LOL

bubbleguming Pokemon... bubblegum is driving me crazy

And YES! what the hell....come up with a stupid game and you got people walking off cliffs and into traffic...For a stupid game on a phone. :confused: Maybe it will weed out some in the shallow end of the gene pool?

Not to turn this into a Pokemon hate thread instead of a found fun in a field thread... But I rode out to the city park in Rainier at lunch yesterday - resting on my bike's top tube, reading an email from a client, decked out in my "spandex," some kids come walking up to me with their phones out like metal detectors.. One looks up at me and says "oh bubblegum... Did you grab that fkdbeveudkbr?" (I don't know what the hell the word was)

I must have stared at him for a solid 10 seconds with my mouth half open and utter incomprehension in my eyes before he realized I wasn't playing the game, and walked off.

Lolz

I'm trying to think of the parallel to some futuristic movie out of the '60s or something. YES!!! It was a Star Trek where the crew was getting into some "Game" on a device that made them worthless! Damn near lost the Enterprise in THAT episode I tell ya'! Sheesh. What next man?

Hows this for a stupid game. Throw your $700 Iphone as far into the air as possible to see if you can beat the record.
There's a lot of folks complaining that they broke their phone.

Couple things:

1. It apparently IS in Fact easier for kids to get a gun then a computer lol.

2. For ALL of the complaining we do about kids not getting out more like we used too, now there is a reason for them to be out and about and we start harping on the 'why' they are out.

3. I would have no idea what all this was about nor would I probably ever pay attention but my kid (who is already pretty active) and several of our friends kids who are total home bodies are now out on roller blades and bikes trying to play that game so I applaud the creators of the game - especially a free app.

I can't find a link, but i read over the past couple of days of someone who found an historically significant firearm, in a field.

Thought this would be that story.

Only good I can say about Poke'-whatever, is my newsfeed has fewer (by %) Kardashian stories!

I looked and didn't see this link posted yet....

Pokémon-searching brothers find loaded gun in Hazel Dell field (http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2016/07/brothers_find_loaded_gun_in_wa.html#incart_river_index)

The Channel 12 news claimed it to be S&W model 16-4. I had to look it up, never heard of that model. S&W forum says they were manufactured in the late '80s-early '90s in .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum. What a cool gun, and a shame for it to be ruined, AND lost to police custody!

Sounds like something intended for export, the grip, target sights, 4" barrel are all at odds with the chambering. I believe a similar gun was a key prop in the original Death Wish movie
350px-Colt-Police-Positive-Nickel---5-inch.jpg

Colt Police Positive Nickel magnify-clip.png

Last Edited:
Not to turn this into a Pokemon hate thread instead of a found fun in a field thread... But I rode out to the city park in Rainier at lunch yesterday - resting on my bike's top tube, reading an email from a client, decked out in my "spandex," some kids come walking up to me with their phones out like metal detectors.. One looks up at me and says "oh bubblegum... Did you grab that fkdbeveudkbr?" (I don't know what the hell the word was)

I must have stared at him for a solid 10 seconds with my mouth half open and utter incomprehension in my eyes before he realized I wasn't playing the game, and walked off.

Lolz

You just had a close encounter with future 45 year old, neck beard wearing, living in mom's basement, virgins.

:rolleyes:

While I don't play the game, I actually think its kind of a cool thing... Any technology that gets people actually interacting with the world around them is good in my book. However, if you or your kids play it, be careful!
I guess there is a feature where you can drop "bait" to lure pokemons to your location, and that other players will see. Some kids have been taking advantage of this to lure robbery victims into a trap...
Teens used Pokémon Go app to lure robbery victims, police say (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/07/10/four-suspects-arrested-string-pokemon-go-related-armed-robberies/86922474/)
While this game sounds like harmless fun (aside from the trespassing crimes it has been encouraging) i wouldn't play it without bringing along adequate protection.

While I don't play the game, I actually think its kind of a cool thing... Any technology that gets people actually interacting with the world around them is good in my book. However, if you or your kids play it, be careful!
I guess there is a feature where you can drop "bait" to lure pokemons to your location, and that other players will see. Some kids have been taking advantage of this to lure robbery victims into a trap...
Teens used Pokémon Go app to lure robbery victims, police say (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/07/10/four-suspects-arrested-string-pokemon-go-related-armed-robberies/86922474/)
While this game sounds like harmless fun (aside from the trespassing crimes it has been encouraging) i wouldn't play it without bringing along adequate protection.

On top of that, schools are considered "Trainers" and you have to battle or something to turn the "Trainer" into your "color" and then you can use it to level up your monsters.

My wife drove my grown daughter down the block to a middle school and they noticed a small group of kids (no idea age) walking away from the school. They parked in the lot and did whatever to get it to the color she needed and soon after changing the color they saw the same group of kids walk back into the school grounds and started looking around (assumably for the other player of a different color). It didn't take them long to realize that my wife and daughter were the only people within distance at which point I think they gave up.

As soon as my wife drive off they saw the kids walking back to the school...

I am totally behind the game mostly - using your Google ID gives the game access to all of your private info I heard on the radio but haven't read the agreement myself to verify that.

I do get a little concerned when I think about two mobs of kids getting upset. In my day we would hit each other till we all or someone gave up and then went home and it was all good. Kids use knives and shanks at 11 these days...:eek:

2 more years and I'll be doing my best to get my kid armed and a CW license. She doesn't like guns though so I have a lot to do in two years lol.:oops:

Honestly though, this is really just a play on Geocaching... with imaginary objects.

Don't we all sound like a bunch of old fogies though?? These damn kids with their pocket computers and getting up off the couch to walk around looking for fkdbeveudkbr's??? Damn kids!!

Yeah- that's exactly what it is! An enhanced reality geocaching game, and I think it's kind of awesome! If I were a kid I'd be all over it.... I bet this is going to open the gates for all sorts of cool smartphone gps enabled games

The gun crowds version of this game is collecting brass, it gets you outdoors collecting peices of metal which can be evolved and sometimes transformed into even more useful items that can used for practice or battle, and can be exchanged for currency. But only those who hunt for them will be successful, I'm sorry ladies and gents but we're very similar to those playing pokemon go... I'm not sure how I feel about this realization.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top