JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would share this. My youngest got this cap from his uncle. Next thing I knew. He was scrounging up everything he could to go squirrel huntin. My boys never seem to fail at making me laugh. Some folks might not get the humor here. I feel sorry for those who dont. But for those old enough, I hope it will give you a chuckle. Yes he has his own Tennessee mountain rifle.

20151223_112829-2.jpg

Thanks, brought back memories of growing up in the 50's and watching Disney's Davy Crockett. Kids were wearing coon skin caps to school. Only question I have is, How does Santa reach those stockings hung way up there?

I had one of those coon skin caps when I was really young back in the '50s. Fun memory. Never made a real coon skin hat but I did make an impressive coyote hat when I lived in WY.

I told him he better be willing to eat it if he shoots it. Except for yotes,varmits,and cats. That kid would try eating anything though.

My wife grew up in Ohio on a 200 acre farm.
Her dad would go racoon hunting (and still does) he would sell the coon pelts and that's how they afforded xmas gifts.

Maybe that's where your hats came from?

I not only have the coonskin hat I had as a kid but I have a buckskin fringed jacket too. I passed it down to my son and now I'm waiting to see it on a grandson some day. My brother and I were huge Davy Crockett fans.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top