JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So NWFA member Playboy Penguin aka the "Yankee Marshal" on YouTube was doing his monthly open carry and was asked to leave Ikea. I haven't seen him on the forum for a while now, so I'm going to throw this up so you can see it for yourselves.

IKEA is set as a non-profit who's top members all reside in Switzerland to avoid taxes.

Not somewhere I have ever or ever will shop.

I've never been in an IKEA myself, just never felt the need to go there. I have had their meatballs though, and those are pretty good ;)

Unfortunately, I have been in Ikea because my wife likes some of their cheap, glued together, press-board crap. His assessment of the typical Ikea shopper is spot on -- its a lefty freakshow in there. In fact, the little manager guy that looked like he was 12 was probably, in fact, a woman. Their gun policy shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as most of their customer base is made up of the very people who want to "fundamentally change" everything that used to be America. Don't believe me? Just roll through the parking lot and read the bumper stickers.

To me it's private property rights.

As much as I may disagree with their sentiment, I 100% support the right of a private property owner to establish their own set of standards regarding weapons on their property. It's their house. They should be allowed to run it as they please.

I always look for firearm signage on the doors of businesses when shopping. I don't open carry, but I do conceal carry. I just won't return to that business if I perceive that they have anti 2A leanings.

To me it's private property rights.

As much as I may disagree with their sentiment, I 100% support the right of a private property owner to establish their own set of standards regarding weapons on their property. It's their house. They should be allowed to run it as they please.

I always look for firearm signage on the doors of businesses when shopping. I don't open carry, but I do conceal carry. I just won't return to that business if I perceive that they have anti 2A leanings.

I agree on private property rights. So long as they are a privately owned/held business, they get to set the rules of what happens on their property, just like I do for mine. I want my rights to my private property protected as much as theirs.

Of course what they don't know...

As for the video, I actually didn't post it with any particular commentary on IKEA or open carry in mind, just a piece of news about a local gun guy. I think he actually handled the whole situation well. He didn't act like an a$$ to the manager, like some open carry advocates have done in the past. Rather, he respected their rules on their property (at least with regard to open carry ;)) and left when they asked, all the while, taking the time to answer their questions and maybe even make a pro-gun convert.

My POV is that I prefer CC for pretty much anything in public. I don't have a problem with what PP or others that respectfully open carry do.

Now as to whether folks want to patronize an establishment with an anti-gun policy, that's a whole different discussion.

I've been in Ikea 2-3 times and I don't recall if they had any signage at the door forbidding guns. When I do happen to notice stuff like that, I think to myself:

- Children, students, worshipers and large crowds of defenseless adult sheep in crowded, confined areas are such unsuspecting, easy targets for the criminally insane.

- Glad I'm armed.

- So why the hell would I ever advertise that I am (which would clearly identify me as the first one to eliminate)?

Last Edited:
As others have said when you encounter a business like this then spend your money elsewhere.
My wallet is firmly attached to my gun.
I believe the property owner has the right to set their own rules.
I also believe it to be immoral and unethical to operate a business open to the general public and then ban a legal activity.

As others have said when you encounter a business like this then spend your money elsewhere.
My wallet is firmly attached to my gun.
I believe the property owner has the right to set their own rules.
I also believe it to be immoral and unethical to operate a business open to the general public and then ban a legal activity.

As well as fail to provide for your safety, and then have the gall to indemnify themselves from anything that may happen on their property.

Last Edited:
i was in home depot in salem the other day.

i saw a clean cut well dressed guy open carrying. he probably was a contractor or just an upstanding citizen...store employees were talkin with him about lumber and concrete. didnt seem to mind his six shooter at all.

later that week i saw what looked to me like a young punk kid with his pants below his waist, a sleeveless shirt, tatoos everywhere a bandana and a sideways hat open carrying an XD. could have been a regular guy but :

to the average joe...which one of those guys would MOST LIKELY be the one anyone would think would be the one to cause a problem.

my point is first impressions only happens once. we as humans judge people whether we try to or not. some people are ignorant either which way but to me i would much rather see the guy in home depot walkin around if i had my wife and kid with me.

i dont mind open carry. if you arent a criminal it is your right to. i prefer to conceal because i dont want to be molested by idiots. concealed means concealed. i respect the rules set forth on private property but when some idiot comes in and starts hosing people i'll be glad i have a way to protect myself.

Well PP or YM ,however you want to spell him,knew going in they didn't allow open carry and probably didn't want guns at all
He needed fodder for another lame video. Kinda like the DA that open carries in Beaverton? to get a rise out of whoever will listen
I don't care for his channel but don't believe he's stupid. He never wrote much on here just a teaser and a link to his you tube channel.
Either write something or GTFO. I don't want to have to got to your stupid channel to find out WTF you're talking about.

I agree private property rights and all... But the left will use the line that a business is public when the state issues a license if they have an agenda of their own. I think we should fight fire with fire.
As far as people shopping at ikea. WTF are you thinking. Their bubblegum is junk and their peopled with leftist hypocrites.
The very people (primarily the left) that hate wal mart for its "business practices" (low wages, bad health benefits, cheep Chinese merchandise etc.) love ikea which actually has an almost identical situation. But it's not American so it must be ok.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top