Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

KeyMod rail the new thing? Replacing 1913 picatinny eventually?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Burt Gummer, May 1, 2012.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

If the locking system is good enough to hold ikea furniture together then it's good enough for my AR. LOL
    I am actually curious about this too. I am assuming it's proprietary to Noveske so how will the aftermarket parts adopt it?

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

They are developing it with one or two other companies (inc Vltor Weapon Systems). I am sure everyone can or will make rails and attachment devices and just pay some sort of royalties.

It is apparently the reason there is such a limited quantity of their very popular Lo-pro series. They are already transitioning to this Keymod rail.

I don't see picatinny going away anytime soon, but it is always nice to see a better product being released; if that is the case - if it is really substantially better.

4. lfromsalem

lfromsalem Salem, OR Member

It has some nice advantages. The 1913 system started life in a similar fashion, so It stands to reason that if the military and aftermarket manufacturers pick it up we might see it replace 1913 in the future.

Don't hold your breath though.

5. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Flopity flop.

Man, I love stickman's photo's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2