JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I suspect we will need these democrats again this session.

During an email exchange with Senator Lynda Wilson (17th District) I asked her if there was a way to identify the Democrats who voted against anti-gun legislation last year (short of looking up each individuals record).

Her reply.

"That's a tricky question to answer because if the Democrats know they don't have enough votes to pass a particular bill, they won't even bring it up for a vote, making it difficult to gauge who would have voted with us against these bills. According to our contacts here is a list of Democrat "champions" who helped stop the worst of the worst bills last session and are getting a lot of pressure to cave this year:"

Senator Kevin Van De Wege Democrat
[email protected]

Senator Steve Hobbs Democrat
[email protected]

Senator Dean Takko Democrat
[email protected]

Senator Steve Conway Democrat
[email protected]

Representative Brian Blake Democrat (I was aware of Brian Blakes record, but not the other four)
[email protected]

If they are "getting a lot of pressure to cave this year" is true, how about reelect none of them? That's 5 out of how many?

Better yet, of the 5 Dem's listed above, why not everyone in Washington just vote Rep. and rinse every Dem. out of Olympia! Maybe, just maybe, we can drain the swamp and start to take back Washington.

Really and truly, thank you for posting this and your contact with Sen. Lynda Wilson. :s0155:

Maybe, just maybe, we can drain the swamp and start to take back Washington.

You make it sound like all Republicans are honest and will save the world. Sorry friend, but they are all Millionaire politicians wanting to get richer with every vote.

You make it sound like all Republicans are honest and will save the world. Sorry friend, but they are all Millionaire politicians wanting to get richer with every vote.

Most of them have different views (than the Dems) when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

Most. but thats not a sure thing. Just like our Pres, they can change with the wind. Remember when Trump wanted RED FLAG LAWS?

Politicians are people and should be judged by what they do, not their "color".

FWIW Steve Hobbs is/was a WA ARNG officer. That probably helped give him a more healthy perspective on guns than most Democrats as he would have been required to qualify on one as part of his training.

I have found that de-mystifying guns goes a long way in counteracting the paranoia antigunners cultivate. Once someone handles them and sees that they are inanimate machines, they have a better perspective.

I got a reply from Dean Takko. He will not be supporting the bills.
Thanks for the update. That's disappointing, but my rep did say that group was receiving 'significant pressure' this session to not repeat their actions of last year. It's all a numbers game and our side needs all the help we can get. All we can do is try.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top