JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please if you have a "best of the best" or "on the cheap" solutions or neat gear that you like, have used or really is Kewl ... list it here.
Everything from Titanium this or that .... to cotton balls and petroleum jelly or Mentholatum jelly firestarters.

Ya never know if someone else has figured out a better way, deal, or gadget for the "best of the best" or "on the cheap."

I will start off:

Emberlit Wood Stove - YouTube I have one and they are really kewl. If I had the extra cash I would have gone Titanium.

US Military Pilots/Aircrew Flight Survival Vest INSECT NET & MITTEN SETS. (Got 4 for $15 shipped - WOOT!) 2 Lot Army Military Surplus Survival Vest Kit Mosquito Insect Net Mitten Set | eBay
- Skeeters aren't always an issue but when they are they can be intolerable. This little item is super light and does the job. NSN: 8415-01-192-2357

Yugoslavian Mess Kit - These are dabomb and super neat - I actually have 2 extra to sell. (2 for $30 or 1 for $20)
<broken link removed>

Bicycle Trailer - Burley Travoy - This is absolutley the Kewlest Bike Trailer imaginable. Easy to tow and you can take an entire 60 pound backpack fully loaded on it for those deep woods forest service treks to get way way into the heart of desolate areas and leave the Bicycle locked up and hidden for the return trip.
http://www.rei.com/product/807561/burley-travoy-urban-bike-trailer

This is my newest cooking setup. I bought the bottle to use in a fire (hot coals) because we always have one. But, decided that it would be nice to have a lightweight stove "just in case".

The Trangia stove will boil a measured 1 liter in the kanteen with 2oz of fuel in 18 minutes.
The stove holds about enough fuel to boil twice. If you just want "hot" water for rehydrating, it will last even longer. My estimate is that at 10 minutes it was hot enough to put in a freezer bag with a cozy.

The whole system weights 14oz.
IMG_3206.jpg

The Stand is a .5oz Titanium Evernew Cross stand. The bottle will sit directly on top of the stove (perfectly) but it does not let the flame burn as hot (Boil as fast) as on the stand.
IMG_3207.jpg

The "Simmering Ring" from the trangia does not get use (because I only boil water.) It is, however, a PERFECT fit on top of the bottle. It fits as snugly as it does on the trangia lid, and will not come off without help.

It doubles as a boil indicater. The hole will "spurt" steam at a more and more rapid pace as it gets close, and will be a perfectly steady flow right as it begins to boil.
IMG_3208.jpg

Put together-
IMG_3209.jpg

Best little super light flashlight I have ever used, used it on the Appalachian Trail 12 yrs ago have not come across anything better, it lights up where you are without telling the world you are there. I use Turquoise or blue green best for night vision
Photon Micro-Light II LED Superbright Key Chain Light- 8 LED Color Options!! I have given many away to people as Christmas presents and such and they as I keep them on their chain, never heard anything but good about them , especially where consider price, battery life and compactness.

Cookware is Titanium super lite, does not blacken on bottom like most, I also used on the A.T. Snow Peak Titanium Mini Solo Cookset - Free Shipping at REI.com

OK for the die hard duct tape owners out there, well I was one as well until I discover Gorilla Tape, I have a couple of items that duck tape seemed to loose its grips from over time, due to being to the weather. So I though I would try something new, bought a roll of gorilla tape, taped them shut last fall and it is still holding, normally duck tape would lose its grip in a month. I still have some duck tape around, but for me all new purchases will be Gorilla Tape Search results for: 'gorilla tape'

I love Kewl Gear !!!

Keep em coming ... I am saving them ... cuz I will be buying some.

I used to use the Micro-Light original ... glad their tech is updated .... can't wait to order a few.
Always had the Infrared ones with my NV gear.

+1 on the Micro-lite II!

I'm fond of my IMCO Super Triplex storm proof lighter. Super lite and strong! Designed for the Axis forces in WW1, in Austria. On Amazon, too many features to describe here, unfortunately they have jumped up in price since I got mine. In my GHB!

Yet another Kewl Item. Nice gear on the cheap.

Mine just came in today ... so I ordered 2 more.
Best price I found on them ... at least the larger ones with reflective surfaces on both sides.
Folded the size of a regular sleeping pad it is as thick as most models yet has the reflective insulation and closed cell foam.

This will be an addition to my zpad.

Perfect for inside the tent or folded to put under my sleeping mat or as part of an ultralight sleep kit.

I like this a lot ... I give it 4/5 stars for warmth and additional padding. (If it is super durable it might get the extra star. But I haven't used it yet except the living room)

Portable Outdoor Camping Picnic Beach Waterproof Backing Mat Pad - Tmart.com

I like them all !!!!

Walkstool
Great for waiting in long lines at the gunshow... :rolleyes:

Size matters....

<broken link removed>
I snatched up the Inertia X Frame Recon Model because I don't like bright colors and it was on theclymb for half price.

<broken link removed>
Softie 3 Merlin. Excellent bag. Packs into a day bag with the Klymit pad and a Catoma Raider. (Haven't tested the Catoma Raider)

Light
with Clip/Magnet
Another indispensable item works well on the shoulder strap of my pack.

If anyone likes these, I will keep going....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top