JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

3vlatct5my281.jpg

Typical media click bate headline... Didn't see anywhere in the article where the sherriff's department said the gun was either rare or dangerous. The ammunition was illegal, as was the felon in possesion of a weapon and stolen credit cards (not what you'd call creme of the human gene pool...).

Guide to Inflammatory reporting. Write that lead paragraph to focus on the handgun, and mention "concert" because that adds to the chill factor (even though "concert" is not germane; this could've gone down in exactly the same way in any parking lot anywhere in the city).
Be sure to publish a picture of the firearm, not a picture of the people in possession of that firearm.
Include any shocking claims about the firearm that you can attribute to the deputies, not your own imagination.
Deep in the story, so 90% of folks won't even get to it, mention the evidence that those people were engaged in ongoing criminal activity.
Finally, bury the names of those people in the last paragraph and slide in the "suspicion" they are convicted felons.
But stop there - absolutely do not dig into the background of those people because that might reveal lengthy rap sheets, or early release from imprisonment for past crimes, some of which might reflect poorly on their culture or past decisions by important politicians.
Leave it to their families to first reveal - tomorrow or the day after - that they were just young men turning their lives around, members of the church choir, with plans to attend community college.

"... of Oakland, were arrested on suspicion of being felons in possession of a firearm, unlawfully possessing ammunition, committing conspiracy, carrying a loaded firearm in public, and possessing personally-identifying information with the intent to defraud."

Coryaune and Trevon you're going to jail for a bubblegum long time. Peace out.

I'd never heard of a 5.7x28 before. I assume it must be quite a thumper due to the bottleneck case.

"... of Oakland, were arrested on suspicion of being felons in possession of a firearm, unlawfully possessing ammunition, committing conspiracy, carrying a loaded firearm in public, and possessing personally-identifying information with the intent to defraud."

Coryaune and Trevon you're going to jail for a bubblegum long time. Peace out.
In a well run place yes. Considering this is the the part of the US where the sewer pipe empties out I VERY much doubt these clowns will see any real time. Now if they were wearing MAGA hats and had good jobs? Yes they would throw the book at them. If they are the scum the story paints them to be? They will have the DA feeling sorry for them and after this dies down they will slap their hand a couple times. Then turn them loose on the public again. After all this is what the voter's there keep saying they want. :s0117:

Am I the only one disappointed it wasn't all that rare and that it didn't shoot really dangerous ammo - like depleted uranium, incendiary rounds, or boolets with little vials of cyanide embedded in them or something exotic like that?

Am I the only one disappointed it wasn't all that rare and that it didn't shoot really dangerous ammo - like depleted uranium, incendiary rounds, or boolets with little vials of cyanide embedded in them or something exotic like that?
With the way the media rolls these days, I'm actually kinda shocked it wasn't one of those 22lr NAA mini revolvers. :confused:

Heck--I figured it was some Bryco/Jennings/Zamac whatever. Rare because
most of them have broken, and dangerous because it is likely to explosively
disassemble if fired.

Typical media click bate headline... Didn't see anywhere in the article where the sherriff's department said the gun was either rare or dangerous. The ammunition was illegal, as was the felon in possesion of a weapon and stolen credit cards (not what you'd call creme of the human gene pool...).
Like to know how the ammo was illegal. But, then, it IS California...

Like to know how the ammo was illegal. But, then, it IS California...
The ammo in the pic has a blue/purple tip. It is sporting ammo and is not illegal.
There is 5.7 ammo out there that is considered "armor piercing handgun ammo"
that the ATF says is illegal for we the people to own.

I'd never heard of a 5.7x28 before. I assume it must be quite a thumper due to the bottleneck case.
This your place? ;)

enhanced-buzz-9045-1359055040-16.jpg

It's a zippy little round that, with the right boolets, will defeat body armor. Us plebs can't get our hands on them though. Here's a decent write up: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/the-5-7x28mm-history-design/

The ammo in the pic has a blue/purple tip. It is sporting ammo and is not illegal.
There is 5.7 ammo out there that is considered "armor piercing handgun ammo"
that the ATF says is illegal for we the people to own.

California law generally prohibits people from owning, possessing, or having custody or control of ammunition or reloaded ammunition if they fall into any of the categories of people who are ineligible to purchase or possess firearms under state law.23 In addition, California law prohibits people from possessing ammunition if they are subject to a court injunction related to activity as a member of a "criminal street gang."24
From: https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/ammunition-regulation-in-california/

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top