Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kesselring Gun Shop ?????

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by John H, Jul 5, 2013.

1. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

I didn't see this posted, if I missed it I am sorry. ( I even searched )

Kesselrings Gun Shop is shutting down, surrendering their FFL. Sounds like it is a Forced Surrender.

That is about all I know. Just wondering if anybody had any other info??

It is posted on their Facebook page.

:huh::huh::huh:

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Holy crap.... I wonder what they did. Or maybe they made like 3 million in the last 6 months and choose to retire. Only been there 2x and with the panic it was a nuthouse. Hate to see an institution close like that. There will be lots of folks upset in what com, skagit counties.

Brutus out.

3. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Sad, nothing about closing on their website

4. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

I heard about it on Monday. No reason given as to why they lost their FFL. I am completely stunned with this news.

5. Brutus57

I know guys who are regulars there.gotta really suck. I'd spend more time and money there if I had it. Hee hee.

Brutus out

6. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

The one tid bit of info I did hear was that they will stay in business only as a sporting goods store. Not sure how that will work for them way out in the boonies as they are. I know they are/were supporting the new gun range being built in Burlington.

7. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

I hear they failed two audits from ATF. Interesting way for the government to get guns off the street, go after the shop.

8. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sad to hear. I always enjoyed my visits there.

9. BGF

BGF Snohomish County New Member

Today was in a gun shop near Oregon when I heard from a Glock rep that Kesslering's has closed - lost their license.
    When I got back to Snohomish County where I live I called the shop to hear from a young lady that indeed after August they will no longer be selling firearms.

10. Brutus57

Yes, it is a darn shame. I was in there pre panic and post panic. They did have a nice selection of everything and are a Skagit county institution. They do a lot of sales so it would be easy to single them out for the anal exam of an audit. The current folks in charge of the Feds don't take kindly to uncrossed Ts or undotted i's. Unless its their department. Certainly would not be surprised if this was the new front in the anti gun campaign. Close down the high volume outfits with intensive audits. Wonder if they are going to eat that 45 70 Gatling gun that's supposed to be on sale for a cool $50gs?
    Oughta make the local Cabela's owner happy, though.
    Brutus Out

11. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

I heard some more stuff over the weekend, but not going to repeat it yet. But let just say if it is true it is bad. It would have nothing to do with Admin trying to crushing dealers.

12. Spadkarma

Spadkarma South Lake Whatcom Member

They will stop selling firearms on September 30th. After that, they will only sell ammo, reloading components and equipment, optics, black powder rifles, air rifles, gun parts, AR uppers and parts, etc. Right now if you walk in there is 10% off all new and used firearms. I'm heading in there to get a TRP Operator this weekend.

13. justsaymo

justsaymo NW WA Member

MAJOR BUMMER!