JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went into Kesselring's yesterday, boy oh boy was it busy with their Christmas sale going on. Even though it was busy, I had no problems getting help from the sales people. There is a young lady working the Handgun counter which was the busiest counter by far, and she was doing a superb job of making sure all of us that were gathered around the counter like cows at the feeding trough were being helped. They've had customer service issues in the past, but I think they've gotten better.

I've warmed up to Kesselrings. I bought a Remington 700 there and they had good pricing (I had looked on Gunbroker) and very good customer service. Can't remember the guy's name but he seems to hang around the bolt/mil-style rifle area and likes to talk about guns and was very helpful. I do think the guys in the pistol area are a little gruff.

There's a young lady or two that work the counter that are very helpful, and I've had Don order me a few items and he was helpful too. Don is a quiet guy but he seems to know his stuff.

They have a lot of nice higher-end firearms, especially hunting rifles. It is a great place for accessories and I have actually found things there that I can't find online.

My $0.02 for what it is worth. I don't go there for everything but I'm certainly a happy customer.

Been in and out of there for years. Bought a lot of shot there, and they always had lots of all sizes. Prices just depend on what and when I guess. When I was looking for AR mags a month or so back I could not find any anywhere. Went there, and they had boxes of metal 30 rounders @ $16.95. Seemed pretty good to me. They also had new AR inventory, which I did not find anywhere else. Pricy, but available.

Customer service is kind of what I would expect in that environment. The environment being usually full of customers with lots of questions. Don't think I've ever been in there when there hasn't been at least a small crowd of people milling around. As I've found in similar situations, if you want service you can't be shy. You have to step up to the counter, make eye contact with the person you want to talk to, butt in a little, announcing your presence, your need and your willingness to wait a bit until they're finished with the current customer. Got to mark you territory. Kind of like getting a dance with a popular gal at a hoedown. Once I've become "the one", I've been quite satisfied with the knowledge and service. The sales folks may not be sweet, but they are functional.

On the other hand, last time I was in there I got some real quick and personal attention when I was looking at a shotgun on the used rack. When I replaced the shotgun on the rack it dislodged a Bushmaster on the opposite side of the rack. A Bushmaster makes way too much noise when it hits the floor from about four feet up! Can't fault them for wondering what was going on, and was pleased they didn't get all surely with me about it.

As Arnie said. "I'll be back".

Increasing my rating towards the top end of the scale. Have been in and out of Kesselrings a few times over the past couple of weeks and have made some purchases. They seem to have stepped up their game. Everyone I've dealt with was very helpful and pleasant. And there are some good deals to be had.

What a lot of people don't realize is how big Kesselrings actually is. They continually have stock of Glock magazines, ammo, and guns that most dealers haven't had in a while. They have increased the prices on some hard to get items, like Glock magazines, but that is their prerogative. I'll keep going there for the customer service and selection.

P.S. - The big younger guy who works in the pistol area is very helpful and seems to know his stuff. Unfortunately he kept showing me guns I wanted to buy!

i second with what fourteefive's wrote for their review. i have only dealt with them with online purchases and they have followed up every order. the shipping, to me, was very fast. most times within two days of ordering, receiveing the item. recently purchased a handgun from them and was treated, by the owner, very professionally! they have won a customer for life. if i cannot find some thing locally, they are the first to be called. thanks for the great service.

Lots of their handguns are used(right now), kind of a turn off. I would say I like about half of the staff, seems the other half mope around or only treat you well if you are in LEO garb or over 60. As far a long guns, yeah a great selection. I mentioned a issue to management and they said they would address the issue. I prefer shopping at other local gun shops, but when they have what I want I will go there.

Note; this place moves a LOT of product and they get shipments in literally daily. I checked on a custom-shop CZ pistol I had seen there a week before on Saturday. Monday I happened to be in the area so went in again and they already had a different model custom shop CZ in stock. If you don't see it, ask. And keep checking back. Their ammo supply right now is like that as well. Stuff goes on the shelves and might only last a few hours depending on caliber.

As I mentioned before, they are a much bigger dealer than most people realize. They get in a lot of CZ and Glock stuff regularly that you won't find anywhere else.

Disappointed in the washington review thread, as seems there is little mention of the gun shops in Skagit & Whatcom, besides kesselrings(which happens to have a active website). Here is a list of other prominate stores that I prefer, that just won't get posted in review area. Yeager's in Bellingham, Skagit Arms in Burlington, Dave's Sportshop in Lynden which happens to be a firearm exporter. There is a few other places that I like that haven't been on the map long but I much prefer over Kesselrings for a number of reason. Kesselrings sure does have a great selection of used glock's if that's what you want, but prices are what I would consider on par but not great.

I've mentioned Skagit Arms (positively) quite a bit in other threads, but I believe you're correct in that there isn't a review thread here. Yeager's is it's own thing; it is a medium-sized gun store located in a big outdoors store. I've bought quite a few guns there but even in good days selection was not so great. Nice bunch of people and prices are similar to the rest of the area. What I do really dislike about Yeager's, and have for the past 30 years, is the way their display cases make it hard to see half of their handguns.

I've never been to Dave's, but thanks for mentioning it. Might have to take a trip up there and take a look. After a quick stop at the Dutch Bakery, of course.

Dave's and Yeager's are similar in nature, Dave's has a limited selection of handguns, but managed to find a Ruger Sr45 there. They do have a decent selection of long arms, and they use a e4473 form with aimebook.net. They do keep getting 22lr rounds in for a great price if you get on the list. If you need 22 worth looking into. But most of all they do out of country exports, which is pretty rare. As far as yeager's display, yah, you gotta get down there to see, or show up on a early tuesday morning when no one else is there. But gotta say the guys at Yeager's are really nice. At Dave's the guys are guns snobs, which I don't mind too much, they know their stuff.

I went into Anacortes telescopes because they had a sign for guns and was pleasantly suprised with their selection of handguns. They were very helpful and polite as I was totally tire kicking for a pistol for my wife. I am new to the Bellingham area, so it's great I now have some more stores to check out. Kesselrings was about what I was used to in the centennial state. Nothing spectacular but still worth checking out. The people were quite nice for how busy they were. When you need something, it doesn't matter what it costs.

Welcome to Bellingham!

I'll have to check out the telescope store; I've never been in there. Skagit Arms in Burlington is on the way as well, and I have purchased a few guns there.

I went into Anacortes telescopes because they had a sign for guns and was pleasantly suprised with their selection of handguns. They were very helpful and polite as I was totally tire kicking for a pistol for my wife. I am new to the Bellingham area, so it's great I now have some more stores to check out. Kesselrings was about what I was used to in the centennial state. Nothing spectacular but still worth checking out. The people were quite nice for how busy they were. When you need something, it doesn't matter what it costs.

As of Sept 30 Kesselring's will no longer be selling firearms. I called today asking for a quote and stock on a pistol and was met with we don't have it, won't be getting it and we're getting out of the gun business. I thought it was a joke but their FB apparently confirms it. Not sure on the details but something with their FFL being forcibly revoked. Maybe someone with more info can post. I can't even fathom the amount of $$ I've spent there it's quite a blow to the NW to see this happen.

As of Sept 30 Kesselring's will no longer be selling firearms. I called today asking for a quote and stock on a pistol and was met with we don't have it, won't be getting it and we're getting out of the gun business. I thought it was a joke but their FB apparently confirms it. Not sure on the details but something with their FFL being forcibly revoked. Maybe someone with more info can post. I can't even fathom the amount of $$ I've spent there it's quite a blow to the NW to see this happen.

It's apparently true and I am almost in a state of unbelief. It is a HUGE blow indeed.

Yes, it is true. I talked on the ferry the other day with a young guy from around Woolley. He said some bad juju happened there at K Ring's. he wouldn't elaborate, its too bad, a local legend and in business for ever.. Nice kid, we both ride motorcycles on the ferry. He's talking about getting a cc. I told him DO IT now. he also told me about the range near Hamilton.

Brutus Out

Not sure on the details but something with their FFL being forcibly revoked. Maybe someone with more info can post.

I found it a bit of a shock too. I've been spending money there from back when Clarence was still alive.

They're not talking much publicly but some old customers and friends of Don have discovered a couple "reasons". First, they are surrendering their FFL rather than it being revoked. Semantics perhaps as it's an involuntary surrender. First problem is that the FFL for Kesselrings is not in the name of the current operator. It's been in the "Family Name" for some time but along the way, when Ron retired and Don took over, there apparently wasn't a proper update of business principals.

A lot of conversation too about possible missing firearms. Considering the number of years in operation I would expect that there might be an error or two but there is a sense that it also includes losses through theft. The place has always been real low key and lots of AR-15's out for "touch and feel". I can see one leaving inside someone's long coat on a busy day as I've never really seen what would pass for security near the door.

According to one source there were many things that went on the BATFE "List" that brought about the forced surrender.

Hopefully they will continue to be a stocking dealer for Reloading Components. They have always been one of the few that stock large containers of powder instead of only the 1# size.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.