JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got this sword back in the late 80's, really can't find anything online about it. It's made in Spain, I believe by Art Gladius, and was part of the Kershaw Collection of Commemorative Swords Series 1.

I found this ad on the Internet. The sword I have is he Alexander The Great. Honestly I'm thinking about selling it, but I don't want to ask too much or too little! Anyway any info is appreciated.
alexandkingarthur.jpg

FWIW, I'd suggest you figure out how much YOU* need to get out of this and then stick it on GunBroker or some other Auction site. Frankly, things like this don't seem to retain their value very well. They are much like the "Instant Collectables" made up by Franklin Mint. What comes to mind are the Colt 1911s that were to Commemorate WW-1 and the different battles. Or the Winchester Model 94s that were produced to Commemorate, well, just about anything. The Transcontinental Railroad, Alaskan Statehood, etc.

Maybe, this isn't what you wanted to hear but it is what I have to offer.:):):)

*YOU are the only one who can answer that question.

Appreciate the feedback, I have had the same observations about the 'instant collectables' as well. That's probably what I'll end up doing in the long run.

Looking on eBay most of the commemorative swords in this category are going for $30 to $150. There's more demand for swords that are either late 16th century designs (Elizabethan) or swords that would have been used in tournaments about that time (usually 13th to 15th century). Yours is not in either of those periods, so demand would be a little less.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews