JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to do a quick review of a couple knives I been carrying. About 5 years ago I bought 2 of the Kershaw auto Launch 1's. Been carrying, using playing with them and have been extremely happy. The action has stayed strong, they sharpen easily and are made in USA. The other day I was in Sportsman's warehouse and they had a Launch 2 so I bought it. These are terrific knives that are under $100. Well worth purchasing.

You got me at the $100 part, I'll have to look at those.
Most times when I see here AO/auto knives for sale they're like $400 and I'm all
:eek: you could buy a dang Ruger EC9S for $200!

My main problem is I got hooked on Firebird Ganzo knives. I have a hard time justifying a carry knife over $20 now.

My main problem is I got hooked on Firebird Ganzo knives. I have a hard time justifying a carry knife over $20 now.

Same here, I loose knives (especially expensive ones) so I generally get cheaper knives to carry. My Kershaw filter is actually one of the sharpest out of the box knives I've ever owned and the hefti weight would be good to punch with also if needed.
It's not rocket science really, pull, flip open to engage threat. I don't need a $400 model for that...:eek:

Last Edited:

I used to think that I have about 6 Ganzo knives and have a hard time carrying a piece of crap
I picked up several zt's Spyderco's and some benchmades and never looked back
You get what you pay for you probably won't understand until you get one or several and then will be what the bubblegum what's I thinking

I just took my old Blur in to be serviced after using it to pry something and messed it up. They replaced the spring, lock and even sharpened it. I was so happy I went straight home and ordered a Launch 1 that I received yesterday. I love it! Might order a ZT for Xmas.

Got one of the launch 4 autos, best nice little sweet deep carry knife, I use it for everything, sync od mostly cutting tape and opening envelopes. I carry ZT 0888 that I have punished during camping and hiking use but the blade is still sharp, the handles are still perfect even after dropping it a bunch.

True. I grew up collecting knives before guns but nothing name brand. Now I got the bug again so I'm going to start collecting again. Planning on getting a knife roll carrying case for the knives I'll use regularly but also going to get collector pieces that won't really be used. Going to my local mailbox after work to pick up my new ESEE 3 for my war belt. Excited!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top