JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know of a place which sells kerosene at the pump? I've heard that farming communities may have that sort of service. Somewhere maybe within a 50-75 mile radius of portland. And what is the going ppg? Thanks!

I searched on the internet yesterday, and saw the oregon live listing, but all the companies I was able to get info on (some were not open on saturday/no website) did not provide that service. Any company which sells propane/kerosene/heating oils/etc. in any capacity comes up under that listing, and most don't offer kerosene at all let alone at a pump. I know I can get bulk quantities delivered to my house (though most companies actually don't deliver where I'm at), but I'm not sure if I want, or really can afford, the minimum quantity needed to deliver without paying an extra minimum delivery charge. I know I can buy pre-filled 5 gal. containers at some hardware stores, but I have a few empty 5 gal. containers already, and I thought if I found it at a pump it may be cheaper than being pre-packaged. Does anybody know if companies who deliver kerosene/stove oil in bulk allow consumers to fill small containers at their sites? Thanks for the reply!

I just paid 4.05 for deisel today. Cost me over $100 to fill the truck. I say over $100 because the pump stopped at $99 and would require me to re-run my card. I did not thave the time to run it again so I will finish filling tonight. Too bad that station is not a bit closer.

Yup verified, 3.89 per gallon

Nice!! I've tried calling a couple times and got no answer. That's cheaper that what bulk is delivered for right now from what I've seen.

From what I've read anyway, and different people say different things, kerosene is not the same as diesel #1, though they are pretty similar and can for some applications be used interchangeably. Kerosene is still more pure than diesel #1. For vehicles, though, kerosene lacks the proper lubricating qualities of diesel; so it will run but if done long term may end up causing problems. I've never tried it, though, so I can't say for certain. I'm not sure I want to risk it! Smaller amounts of kerosene can be added to diesel to help keep it from gelling in cold weather, though, and I think help with starting.

Not sure about the kerosene in a diesel? I know that if you run the B99 you probably will have issues after a couple of tanks. The problem with that quality of bio is it will strip all the crap out of your fuel lines and gum up the filters. Look at any diesel pump and look at all the grime around it. I love running bio in mine but mix it when I can find it. That is a smokin price for B99!

#1 diesel and kerosene are very different. They can be interchanged in some types of outdoor heaters, or used to set your brush pile on fire, LOL, but that's about it.

Jet fuel is highly refined kerosene and can be used in a kerosene heater.

FWI, diesel is refined from oil. Kerosene is "squeezed" from coal and used to be called coal oil. It still is coal oil.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top