JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police are looking for two suspects.

https://komonews.com/news/local/pic...g-after-violent-carjacking-in-kent-police-say

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.44.36 PM.png

A sad situation! In my younger days, being of questionable temper control then, I might have (well, may have) done the same thing. Makes one think, what is your vehicle worth?

Last Edited:
My solution cost $14.58 for 500 at Wally World .
Even if it took two it would still be cheap.

Check out the Thunderbolts.
That used to be referred to as the 2 cent solution, but due to inflation it is now the 3 cent solution.

In the photo of the suspects, the one in red and white appears to have the stereotypical urban thug swagger. Notice the left hand holding up the pants, and the right hand that appears to be cocked backwards?

Has anyone else ever noticed the way these urban youths seem to keep the wrist on their free hand cocked back like that? It was the first thing that jumped out at me, and it seems I've frequently seen this with this type of swagger. I notice it because it looks like a very awkward angle to hold your wrist and arm.

Does anyone else know what I'm trying to describe here, or has anyone else ever noticed this before?

I think we should start making anti-carjacking devices standard on vehicles these days.

I remember reading about one design from South Africa where the idea was to mount a flamethrower underneath the driver's door, with a panic button located near the driver's feet.

That would work great for discouraging both carjackers and panhandlers! ;)

Have you ever noticed that before? I swear I've seen it numerous times, always with the same demographic.

Do you think there's a guide or a training class somewhere that teaches how to swagger like a gangsta?

Never noticed the cocked wrist. But we don't see much gangsta around here... it's mostly normal folks and then a smattering of freaks. I saw a guy in the Walmart yesterday in shorts, covered with tats, and those earlobe expander things... he had big hoops, about 3", that I had to look closely to see were widening out his actual skin... icky!!

Guide... don't "they" pick that crap up from watching each other, street thugs, videos, TV?

IMO it's weird what some people think is a manly walk. I know I'm old but I always thought it was walking erect and like one had a purpose. About 10 yrs ago one of my grandsons, who went to jail after hanging with the wrong crowd, started walking with his fists balled up and with a pronounced side to side shoulder dip. I told him I thought he looked like a wuss and needed to know what a real man is supposed to do, like supporting his kids/family by working instead of stealing, or selling drugs, or constantly going on unemployment (working just long enough to get more bennies), or letting his wife be the only one working, or being on welfare etc...

I do find it interesting that people will often adopt the same traits of whatever group they associate with. This can be anything from clothing style, walk, slang, accent, lisp, hand gestures, personal grooming, piercings/tattoos, etc...

Seeing someone adopt an accent and vocabulary they didn't previously have is always quite amusing to me for some reason. It's most likely from watching my brother do almost the exact same thing when he decided to go from baggy pants, do-rags, and Dr. Dre to cowboy boots, belt buckles, Copenhagen, and country music almost overnight. :s0140:

Unfortunately, with certain groups and cultures also comes a complete disregard for the law, for private property, for other people, and for any form of politeness or respect.

I understand that many who grew up in that culture had little choice, but for those that weren't forced into it from birth, why would anyone voluntarily choose that lifestyle?

I just don't get it... :s0153:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews