JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"We don't know if the suspects were armed?"
I could understand if one or both the suspects got away but they had both of them there. Guess the cop gave a statement to the reporters before he got out of the cop car.

"We don't know if the suspects were armed?"
I could understand if one or both the suspects got away but they had both of them there. Guess the cop gave a statement to the reporters before he got out of the cop car.

Or the owner could have said he thought he saw a gun, but they didn't find one at the scene. They haven't released enough info yet for us to know what's going on. It'll probably turn out to be something none of us thought of.

Or the owner could have said he thought he saw a gun, but they didn't find one at the scene. They haven't released enough info yet for us to know what's going on. It'll probably turn out to be something none of us thought of.

I guess he could've shot and killed one guy and then chase the other guy down The street and brought him back to the Business to wait for the cops.

More from The Seattle Times on the story:
<broken link removed>

Looks like the burglar that got caught has a long history of violence etc. Mother doesn't appear to be too sympathetic to his problems and is probably at the end of her rope when it comes to him.

No update on the dead assailant yet. I'm quite certain that he was just turning his life around though . . .

Jeezuhz kriste, what the hellio is going on up in Maple Valley? Is every twenty-something a thief and drug addict in that area? How many stories have we heard of loser druggies feeding their habit by thieving? Are the schools really bad up there in Maple Valley / Black Diamond? Must be something more than just random chance.

Thirtycal

Sound like all these people are going Joe Biden on the criminals arseys. Its unfortunate these people got shot but hopefully it will cause some minor felons to veer back towards the law if they know armed citizens aren't afraid to pull the trigger. I've been out of King county for over 9 years and am damn glad of it. Drugs are getting worse and worse.

Brutus Out

2 twenty something drug zombies against a 65 year old, sounds like a disparity of force. I hope the guy doesn't lose his business and his life savings defending himself against a zealous prosecutor. He at the very least, has a dead young man on his conscience, it's more than I would want to have to live with.

I would rather recoup my losses by being in back business the next day after the burglary, My insurance agent whom I have already paid can help me deal with it, rather than paying my attorney to prepare my legal defense for shooting someone. But that whole strategy begins long before you ever grab the gun. In the heat of the moment, when blood goes cold, synapses fire, adrenalin rushes, and the hair stands on the back of your neck, you are not necessarily thinking about having a prosecutor, judge and jury looking over your shoulder freezing every moment, replaying it, dissecting it, twisting itand taking days to evaluate whether or not you did the right thing in the eyes of the law as they see fit to interpret it.

I had a guy staying on my business property, because he lived out of the area, and was working here, but not for me. I told him that there was nothing on my business property that I would want anyone shot for taking, just call the cops. It wasn't worth it to me to see someone dead for the sake of anything I own. I didn't want to see a hard working guy go through the legal hassles he might have to go through, unless he absolutely had to, to defend his life.

?...Snipped to: is going on up in Maple Valley? Is every twenty-something a thief and drug addict in that area? Thirtycal

It is simple, their Night job, using drugs, interfers with a daytime possiblity of, looking for work.... And work can be found, it is just not at the desired Starting Salary that the want: $150,000/year, 401K, full medical, with Pre-Approved Medical Marajuanna ~Juanna not work without Mara, that is....

philip...
I am fairly certain, that obummer will be holding a press release today, "this could have been My Son, if I had a son, it No Longer Matters, the ethnicity, zero is more white than black, anyways....

So how come we aren't winning the war on drugs but They are winning the war on guns???
I have seen too many lives totally ruined by drugs including alcohol.

I hope this guy is not arrested. Outnumbered and who knows what the thugs had in mind.
Seems like the Scottie is having a resurgence in self defense. Wish there was a way to modify my Mossie 55 into 6 shots.

Brutus out
Brutus out

I know there are some naive people who think if we legalized drugs America would become an instant utopia. I don't like how the war on drugs helps justify a police state. It would be much better if there was no prohibition. Instead we could have restitution laws for junkies who burglarize homes. Of course most burglars have nothing of value so they would be sentenced to hard labor camps. Also it would work better if society had complete freedom of association and Texas "stand your ground" law on steroids.

if heroin were legal none of this stuff would happen and the economy would flourish!
[/liberaldelusion]

I agree with the posting that there is no possession I have worth shooting someone over. However, my family's safety is an entirely different matter. If someone was burglarizing my house and I could safely barricade my wife, self, and dogs in the upstairs bedroom, I would call the cops, and wait till the burglars left.

However, once they open the bedroom door, all bets are off, because at that point I presume they are there to do us harm. Preventing that harm is something I would attempt to do...with great vigor.

I live in an apartment, one way in and one way out. Not much room to retreat in to. Gives me and the missus vey little reaction time. Enter the lone hallway?.. All bets are off and the bang switch is in the Bang position. Fortunately we live in a pretty sleepy little boutique town and only 4 apartments a bit off the main drag. Town mayor two houses over but county deputy is our local LEO and they seem to be pretty good in Skagit at least e ones I have met.

Brutus out

Glad somebody else started a thread on this...

More swift justice, a gross injustice and health care explained

One man is dead and another is in custody as the investigation continues into Wednesday morning's fatal shooting in Kent in which the owner of a nursery killed an alleged intruder with a shotgun blast, the fourth time since April that a suspected criminal was fatally wounded in King County.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads