JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are conversion barrels to make my glock 23 40 cal a 9mm. This has got me tinking. Could a similiar thing be done with the keltec sub 2000. I have one on order and I like the idea of the sub2000 versalitity and its ability to use glock mags. I think it could be even more versitile with the option of a caliber switch if wanted or needed.

Contact Kel-Tec and ask them. I suspect it would also take a different
recoil spring, and the larger 40 cal boltface might cause problems. Might
be easier to just buy another one in 9mm.

I have a XD40 with a Storm Lake conversion barrel. The complete conversion cost $300 ($240 for the extended threaded barrel, $60 for 2 mags), the gun was $465 new. In other words for another $165 I could have got a 9mm barrel, 2 mags, FRAME, SLIDE, XD GEAR, etc. The ONLY thing that made it worth it to me was that I needed to buy a threaded barrel regardless. I suspect after buying everything you need to do the conversion you'd be WAY ahead to just buy another gun.

I also have a .22lr upper for my AR (which save a LOT more $$$ on ammo than .40 to 9mm) so I am no stranger to the double caliber to single platform concept. That said, after spending about $700 for the .22 upper, mags, and optics it made sense to me to go ahead and build a dedicated lower for the .22 so I have another COMPLETE gun.

True for a xd40. However to convert a glock 23 40 cal to a 9mm (unless I missed something)requires only a replacement barrel $99 (lone wolk at J&G)and a 9mm clip $15 (CENTERFIRE) with the extended 31 rounds only being $20. So the total being $115 for a glock.

True for a xd40. However to convert a glock 23 40 cal to a 9mm (unless I missed something)requires only a replacement barrel $99 (lone wolk at J&G)and a 9mm clip $15 (CENTERFIRE) with the extended 31 rounds only being $20. So the total being $115 for a glock.

I only quoted the price for the Springfield mags I bought, because IF I bought a new XD9 it would come with Springfield mags not cheaper after market mags. I guess what I am trying to get at is that it is generally cheaper to buy a complete gun than to buy it piece by piece. And you then have TWO guns instead of ONE and some parts. Glock parts are cheaper than XD parts because there is a LOT more of a market for them.

They used to make a P-40 that you could convert to a .357 Sig. I have one myself. They also made a .40 conversion for the P-11 so you could shoot 3 cal's from one frame. It required a new slide (the P-40 was about ¼" longer than the P-11). The .357 Sig and the .40 used the longer slide. I still have it in my safe. It's a REAL HANDFULL with good ammo in it.
Now about the 2000: that would take a new barrel, new mags, new receiver with different mag well, new bolt etc. In other words a new gun.
I used to have a 2000 in .40 also. Sold it and got the SU-16C.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top