JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering both the PLR 16 as well as the RDB bullpup for an HD gun. Both of them have their design advantages, and one has a price advantage (actually the RDB is cheaper than a Tavor, so that counts as well), but my main concern is reliability. Anyone have experience with these two. I did not like the PMR30, very finicky with ammo, so I am more careful with Keltec now. Thanks for any advise.

I've shot a lot a fair amount of Keltec guns, I think they have some cool designs, but I've never been super impressed when shooting them. The trigger on the PLR 16 feels so thin and plasticy. The one gun I really enjoyed is the RFB, however after shooting a couple hundred rounds through it a weld failed. Customer service wasn't helpful at all. That whole experience with a $1600 gun, really put me off Kel-Tec. I'm not trying to trash Kel-Tec just stating my experiences.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

If you can find one, RDB is a neat gun. Its got alot of the features I had to Buy to put on my Gen 1 RFB (Underside rails, sling mounts, kydex checkrest..). Ian from fogottenweapons (youtube channel) did a review of the rifle and was impressed with it over the Tavor.

I dont have a PLR 16..but the RDB is a nice rifle.With an 1-4x optic it weighs the same as my RFB naked. I haven't seen any negative reviews on the RDB (Not from Iraqveteran8888 or Military arms channel) and personally, I like it..

Here is a full review on FULL 30 https://www.full30.com/video/55706c01c15ef0aeef3b9b4c8e0f025b

Last Edited:
My P3AT ran flawlessly. The KSG broke a forend which was covered under warrantee. The Sub2000 ran great but would occasionally not go completely into battery on the first round. I would buy another P3AT with no hesitation. The other two were great fun at the range but not perfect, and lost a lot of value in a few years. So I'm not as big a fan as I used to be.

A firearm based on a military design has had its beta testing done by a govt. entity that has a lot more resources than Kel Tec. Not too many gun companies have the wherewithall to put a rifle through the rigors of the Battle of Stalingrad. The M91 M-N may not be suitable as a base upon which to build an elegant sporter (ala the M98 Mauser) but they kept on tickin' under the most arduous conditions imagineable. Israeli weapons are designed to work all of the time and the Israeli govt has a bigger R&D budget than K-T. Also, K-T is building guns to sell to the public while Israel is building guns for its sons and daughters to defend the nation, people, and faith. If I were going to buy a bullpup auto for the kind of serious social work foreseen in the Book of Revelation I would choose the Tavor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top