JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me or are these things out of stock EVERYWHERE!?

Anybody here own one? How do they shoot? and problems? I'm buying one for my next carry gun and just want some local advice. Maybe even point me in the direction of one.

They are fantastic guns for what they are for. Small, light weight, and easy to conceal, makes this gun easy to take with anywhere. The short sight radius, small grip, and heavy trigger pull do not make for an easily accurate gun. But again, for what it's for, it's fantastic. From my experience I would also recommend getting one with the hard chrome slide. With frequent carry the bluing on my slide is wearing quite rapidly.

Needless to say the only way I'll sell mine is if I first replace it with a hard chrome model.

Edit: Oh yeah, as of yet I haven't had a single failure to feed, eject, or fire of any kind. No parts breakages, honestly the closest thing to a problem I've had is just with the finish wearing.

Thank you for your reply. The hard-chrome was actually what I was looking to buy. Lol I figured this gun wouldnt be a "target" gun. But thats not the reason I'm buying it for.

PS. If you were interested in getting the hard chrome model.

slideoffer

A lot of people On the keltec owners group site got there slides done by him. They seem pretty happy with it. Plus its only 35 dollars!!

My experience matches Chris'. I have a hard chrome slide one, and use it to carry. I picked it up second hand, so I don't know if it is stock chrome though.

Awesomely light, very reliable and all that, just not a target gun! You'll hit a man at 10 yards, but I wouldn't suspect much beyond that. The trigger is really heavy which is great for the type of gun it is.

Definitely worth picking up for 300 bucks!

They have been in short supply in the Seattle area, as well. I found one for $259 at the last WAC show, in Puyallup. They had several, from a vendor in Walla Walla. The next WAC show is in Monroe, tomorrow, and back in Puyallup in two weeks.

Yeah, they're perfect for the pistol pocket in my leather motorcycle jacket -- my SR9c just won't fit very well. So, it serves its purpose quite nicely. I can shoot 3" groups at 20 ft.

They have been in short supply in the Seattle area, as well. I found one for $259 at the last WAC show, in Puyallup. They had several, from a vendor in Walla Walla. The next WAC show is in Monroe, tomorrow, and back in Puyallup in two weeks.

Yeah, they're perfect for the pistol pocket in my leather motorcycle jacket -- my SR9c just won't fit very well. So, it serves its purpose quite nicely. I can shoot 3" groups at 20 ft.

You're a better shot than me! I can do that for about a magazine, after that my hand hurts enough that I switch to a more comfortable gun :)

You're a better shot than me! I can do that for about a magazine, after that my hand hurts enough that I switch to a more comfortable gun :)

Ha! I didn't mentioned for how many clips that holds true...! I usually shoot 2-3 full clips in the PF9, then switch over to my SR9c. The little sucker is great fun, but not for extended periods.

I saw that they were in stock in this week's CDNN Gun and Ammo Special email and on sale until noon central tomorrow:

Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm

#KELPF9BRN

New
DAO
3.1" Barrel
Billfold Brown
1-7rd Mag

$219.99

If you go to the Keltec owners forum you'll learn about what they call a fluff and buff. It's basically smoothing out the machining marks which can affect reliability. It's easy to do if you have a dremel and are careful. They have pictures and directions.
On my gun the slide, the feed ramp and the rail all needed to be smoothed out. As far as I'm concerned you're buying a gun that isn't quite finished. For the money though it's hard to beat. I like mine and it is reliable with ball ammo and my reloads with regular bullets. I've not tried JHPs because when I bought the gun I looked and the prices were ridiculous. Being a reloader makes it hard to buy ammo at exorbitant prices.
I didn't see anyone mention of it but it's kind of a handful to shoot. Being so light it's hard to control well. I've been shooting handguns for forty years and have never fired a gun like this Keltec. It's light and small and is perfect for what it was designed for. Practice with it when you get it.

I have one I carry everyday. Fits real nice in my front pocket behind my wallet, no one ever notices it.
It is extremely reliable, I have never had a problem with it.
The only downside is it isn't that accurate, but will do the job for self defense, if your further out than say 20-30 feet you should be able to get away anyway. That and it kicks like a mule. It is definitely not comfortable to shoot, but it is great for what it is.

Kel-Tec PF-9. Never leave home without it.